Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[fad] Version Listed In Programs And Features

Options
Charyb
Charyb ✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in Update

Just letting you know that product updates via the live update module leave the original version in programs and features.

I updated from .1348 to .1349 to .1406, using the live update module, and version .1348 remains.

I performed a clean install and it now shows the correct version (.1406). The correct version was installed. It was showing the incorrect version number in programs and features.

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Interesting, I never noticed that before :)

That will just update the version number in that view (Programs and Features) correct? as confirmation can be found here too, without having to uninstall/install. http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499 Yet a nice way to make Programs and Features display the newest build :)

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

I noticed it after the update to .1349 and was going to wait to see if it would fix itself in the next program update but it didn't.

Programs and features never updated. It stayed at .1348 and checking by using the method in your link showed the correct version. That's why I never worried about it much. They now both match after a clean install which is definitely not my preferred method of viewing the correct information in programs and features.

• columbo
    Options

Sweet, nice "housekeeping" and observation :)

• I noticed it after the update to .1349 and was going to wait to see if it would fix itself in the next program update but it didn't.

Programs and features never updated. It stayed at .1348 and checking by using the method in your link showed the correct version. That's why I never worried about it much. They now both match after a clean install which is definitely not my preferred method of viewing the correct information in programs and features.

Hi,

The update won't change new version in Programs And Features.

It only change in About or you have to install new version.

You can download offline installer Build 16.18.0.1406:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35494

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hello :)

In Programs and Features / Add or Remove Programs will always remain the version that you used to install Bitdefender(for example, when you installed Bitdefender, it was build .1348 in the installation kit)

This is actually not a bug and it helps us track in logs what version was used to install the software and what version is running now after a product update.

Thank you for your question.

Have a great day!

• columbo
    Options

This is actually not a bug and it helps us track in logs what version was used to install the software and what version is running now after a product update.

Thank you for your question.

Have a great day!

Your reference point(s), interesting background information.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

I will consider this FAD(function as designed) and will leave the topic opened for related questions.

Have a great day!

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    Options

OK, thanks for the information. It's odd looking in two different places and seeing two different versions. Makes it seem like something is not quite right.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Actually is not because we do not replace the whole product during the update, just some parts with the delivered fixes.

In the registry we will always keep the version installed by the user and in the product the one that was delivered via updates.

If the product is reporting the latest build as installed and the Update module is set to Auto, you don't have to worry about anything.

Have a great weekend!