Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Exit From Bitdefender 2013 Completely?

Options

hi everyone!

I have bitdefender total security 2013, i want to run Combofix on my system but i can't. I have achieved this goal by bitdefender 2011 already with this instruction in this post

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=15484

1. Start your computer in Safe Mode:

- restart the computer;

- repeatedly press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins

to load (you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu);

- select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "Yes" to acknowledge.

2. Click on Start from Windows and choose Run. Type "services.msc" (without quoutes) then click on Ok .

3. In the list of services look after "BitDefender Virus Shield", right click on it and under "Startup type" choose "Manual" .

4. Now, restart your computer in Normal Mode and try to open BitDefender. You will have the message that the BitDefender Services are not responding.

5. In order to start the Bit-defender services again, follow the second step, right click on "Bit-defender Virus Shield" and choose "Start".

but now i can't it again in this way. why i can't exit complete temporarily and then i come back to it? It's very very horrible and a huge negative point in bit-defender function!

anyone can help me please? I have to uninstall bitdefender and it's terrible!

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi habibeman, and welcome :)

You are obviously very sharp, so I won't try to snow you ;)

The things I can come up with off the top of my head is, that it's harder to accomplish a total shutdown of Bitdefender due to its self protect feature.

Also, we now have Rescue Mode, to do a scan outside of the OS, giving an extra scanning option.

We can now also run the Free On-Demand version of Malwarebytes with the 2013 versions of Bitdefender, for a second opinion scanner. http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=151353

Others here may also have some thoughts to include.

Thanks,

Columbo

• columbo
    Options

This had also been discussed here, concerning the 2013 version.

• Thank you so much! for both welcome and prompt reply.

I was really disappointed due to this problem but now no! I' m in bad (or maybe it's better to say terrible!) emotional and physical situation and your statement about my intelligence convinced me that I can go ahead and achieve my best decisions!! :)

And about Bit-defender! I had a virus or malware in external drive that it had hidden my some files. I scanned it by BD, Kasper and Norton and none of them couldn't delete it. Finally I deleted it by disabling BD and scan it by Combofix. perhaps it is such this, because Antiviruses are more for prevent from attacks.

Also I was downloading by Bittorrent and suddenly I saw "blue death page" and it turned my laptop off! I ran system scan and about 1000 viruses appeared in result but BD hadn't be able to delete them. Interesting thing that the virus was located in BD folder in program files!!

I ran it in rescue mode and I didn't see that it has deleted viruses. I scanned laptop last night again and BD revealed that it's virus free. Maybe it has removed viruses.

Combofix is very better than MalwareBytes. I have used both and it's clear like the sun for me!! Please conform BD with Combofix!

Finally forgive me for weak English and in addition for continuous Yakking(?!)!! ... :D

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

As columbo mentioned, Bitdefender 2013 is compatible with the free version of MBAM.

As for that malware located on the external, have you tried to remove them manually by displaying hidden files?

Combofix is not a scanner and should be use only if advised by an expert.

Please rerun a System scan with Bitdefender and let me know if everything is OK.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=36502

Have a great weekend!

• coolcool1227
    Options
    Thank you so much! for both welcome and prompt reply.

I was really disappointed due to this problem but now no! I' m in bad (or maybe it's better to say terrible!) emotional and physical situation and your statement about my intelligence convinced me that I can go ahead and achieve my best decisions!! :)

And about Bit-defender! I had a virus or malware in external drive that it had hidden my some files. I scanned it by BD, Kasper and Norton and none of them couldn't delete it. Finally I deleted it by disabling BD and scan it by Combofix. perhaps it is such this, because Antiviruses are more for prevent from attacks.

Also I was downloading by Bittorrent and suddenly I saw "blue death page" and it turned my laptop off! I ran system scan and about 1000 viruses appeared in result but BD hadn't be able to delete them. Interesting thing that the virus was located in BD folder in program files!!

I ran it in rescue mode and I didn't see that it has deleted viruses. I scanned laptop last night again and BD revealed that it's virus free. Maybe it has removed viruses.

Combofix is very better than MalwareBytes. I have used both and it's clear like the sun for me!! Please conform BD with Combofix!

Finally forgive me for weak English and in addition for continuous Yakking(?!)!! ... :D

Did you try Full System Scan? Also I am interested in the Combofix log, if Christian allow, kindly upload here which will help in finding which viruses are missed by Bitdefender.

To unhide the files/folders manually try this

Steps 1 (for all folders)

1. Go to Start > Run > type cmd

2. Dos will open type cd\

3. Now type the drive letter in which you want to Unhide the files lets suppose in my case its E: this will open the E: drive

4. If you want to see all hidden files and folders type E:\>dir/ah

5. Now type attrib *.* -h -s /s /d

6. Now close cmd using exit command

Steps 2 (folder by folder)

1. Go to Start > Run > type cmd

2. Dos will open type cd\

3. Now type the drive letter in which you want to Unhide the files lets suppose in my case its E: this will open the E: drive

4. If you want to see all hidden files and folders type E:\>dir/ah (*you will now see the files/folders with hidden attributes )

5. Type “attrib [name of file/folder] -r -a -s -h” if you’re going to unhide files, you should type the whole name plus the extension.

6. Now check you drive.. it should be there.

How to show and set Hidden Files Settings in Windows Explorer

Go to regedit and navigate to the keys

1) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\advances\folder\hidden\showall

change CheckedValue by 0 to 1 if this key is not present then create it as dword value

2) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\advances\folder\hidden\nohidden

change CheckedValue by 0 to 2 if this key is not present then create it as dword value

• Thanks crisitian!

About that malware on the external hard; I have removed it by combofix and about displaying manually; I applied this manual and I didn't get anything :

* If you did not format your flash drive, then check whether the files are not in hidden mode.

* Click on “Start” –>Run–>type cmd and click on OK.

* Check your external Drive letter in My Computer

* Here I assume your external drive as G:

* Enter this command.

* attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:*.*

* Delete the unnecessary shortcuts.

Note: Replace the letter g with your flash drive letter.

Also Columbo has submitted a solution for manually displaying that seems is similar with above manual. Although I don't have that malware on the external any more. so I can't use columbo's solution now.

And I have ran system scan of BD now and I'll inform you of its result about those 1000 viruses! which restarted my laptop by "blue death page".

About combofix and manner of using it; I can't understand why we should use it after expert advise!! :) which expert? in what situation? does it have any risk?! I have used it when I frustrate of all antiviruses! and I have been ever satisfied. Without any risk or disturb off course.

And dear Columbo!

I checked my files and fortunately I have report of combofix on my system and I can upload now. You'll see that there is one "setup.exe" file deletion in it.

Thanks so much both you. Sincerely yours. you are the best!

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10016" data-fileid="10016" rel="">ComboFix.txt

• Excuse me friends!

That instruction for displaying hidden files manually was belonged to ONT, also I'm so gratefull to you ONT for consideration to my problem.

• columbo
    Options

lol, and for a second there, I felt really good about what I had done...lol :) (but I knew better)

• Hi dears

I scanned my laptop last nigh and fortunately I didn't see that virus not more. But i see an error sometimes about a port scan blocking that belong to my network. it's better to say that it's myself ip. I'll attach related screen shot and i would be grateful if you checked it.

And about Combofix, anyone analyzed it?

Thanks more and more!

• This is the file...

post-107981-1344276429_thumb.jpg

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    And about Combofix, anyone analyzed it?

What exactly was happening in your system that you used ComboFix? Any antivirus you installed before Bitdefender? Give details.

• What exactly was happening in your system that you used ComboFix? Any antivirus you installed before Bitdefender? Give details.

I had a malware or virus on external hard which had hidden some files. I had bitdefender 2011;I disabled it and I ran combofix. Combofix gave me a report that you see in former attachment. Afetr deleting "setup.exe" on H=External Hard , my Hidden files were appeared. That's All.

Moreover that hard was scanned on other laptop by Kasper and norton before scan by combofix.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

In order to be able to further investigate the reported situation we need a bit more information from your computer as follows:

. A BDSYS log;

[how to GENERATE A BDSYS LOG]

. Save and extract the BDSYS tool to a location of your choice:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge.../BDSysLog_i.exe

. Make sure you close all active applications and then run "BDSysLog_i.exe"; If you receive a firewall

alert,select to Allow the application to connect;

. Click the "Create log" button to start generating the

log; A progress bar is indicating that the tool is creating the report;

. When the small window appears with the message "Log

saved" then the report is complete and a new file named "bdsyslog.zip" has appeared on your Desktop;

. Send me via PM the generated log file.

. If the file is to big for send it over PM, upload the results to one of the online file hosting servers mentioned below or use one of your own and send via PM the download link.

http://www.sendspace.com

http://www.mediafire.com

IMPORTANT:

.During this process the Real Time Protection in Bitdefender must be temporarily disabled;

.If you receive a Bitdefender Firewall alert to inform you that BDSysLog_i.exe tries to connect to the internet,then you need to select Allow;

[how to DISABLE THE ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION in Bitdefender 2012/2013]

In order to disable the antivirus protection, please open Bitdefender and click the "Settings" button in the upper side part of the interface"; In the new window go to "Antivirus" > "Shield" tab and click on "ON" under On-access scanning. Select the time interval that suites your troubleshooting needs and click "OK". The On-access scanning should be enabled back after finishing the troubleshooting procedure.

We will get back to you as soon as the analysis is complete.

Have a nice day.

• coolcool1227
    Options

A question: The issue occurred on the external HDD, how the logs will be helpful in this case? Should the external HDD be connected during the log gathering?

• Hello :)

In order to be able to further investigate the reported situation we need a bit more information from your computer as follows:

. A BDSYS log;

[how to GENERATE A BDSYS LOG]

. Save and extract the BDSYS tool to a location of your choice:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge.../BDSysLog_i.exe

. Make sure you close all active applications and then run "BDSysLog_i.exe"; If you receive a firewall

alert,select to Allow the application to connect;

. Click the "Create log" button to start generating the

log; A progress bar is indicating that the tool is creating the report;

. When the small window appears with the message "Log

saved" then the report is complete and a new file named "bdsyslog.zip" has appeared on your Desktop;

. Send me via PM the generated log file.

. If the file is to big for send it over PM, upload the results to one of the online file hosting servers mentioned below or use one of your own and send via PM the download link.

http://www.sendspace.com

http://www.mediafire.com

IMPORTANT:

.During this process the Real Time Protection in Bitdefender must be temporarily disabled;

.If you receive a Bitdefender Firewall alert to inform you that BDSysLog_i.exe tries to connect to the internet,then you need to select Allow;

[how to DISABLE THE ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION in Bitdefender 2012/2013]

In order to disable the antivirus protection, please open Bitdefender and click the "Settings" button in the upper side part of the interface"; In the new window go to "Antivirus" > "Shield" tab and click on "ON" under On-access scanning. Select the time interval that suites your troubleshooting needs and click "OK". The On-access scanning should be enabled back after finishing the troubleshooting procedure.

We will get back to you as soon as the analysis is complete.

Have a nice day.

I sent it to you. Please inform me of result.

Thanks!

• A question: The issue occurred on the external HDD, how the logs will be helpful in this case? Should the external HDD be connected during the log gathering?

Please forget external HDD! That problem (Some Hidden files on it) was related to three months ago and now I don't have any problem on external HDD! Also the log of Combofix is old.

• coolcool1227
    Options
    Please forget external HDD! That problem (Some Hidden files on it) was related to three months ago and now I don't have any problem on external HDD! Also the log of Combofix is old.

Yes, I know from the log. So the hidden files problem was only on the external HDD and not in the system?

• Yes, I know from the log. So the hidden files problem was only on the external HDD and not in the system?

Yes, exactly! but I had blue screen shut down on my system and despite scan and showing virus free; I have another blue screen just in this time.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 116

BCP1: B957D510

BCP2: 8F2488C0

BCP3: C0000001

BCP4: 00000003

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\081212-33867-01.dmp

C:\Users\SABAVA\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-81853-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104...mp;clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Could you please pack all the files from this folder and upload them on sendspace.com or mediafire.com?

C:\Windows\Minidump

Post here the download link.

Have a great week!

Could you please pack all the files from this folder and upload them on sendspace.com or mediafire.com?

Post here the download link.

Have a great week!

hi,

this is the related link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tpu2zma3rxatj5j

have great weekend!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Could you please Repair the current installed product and let me know if everything is OK after?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35489

Take care.

Could you please Repair the current installed product and let me know if everything is OK after?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35489

Take care.

what a terrible occurrenec!

In the middle of repair and after uninstall process; when installation process was in 25%, it was stopped and didn't go ahead! Now I have it in control panel programs but not in program files list! It seems that I must remove it from control panel completely and then install it again...

• I wanted to uninstall the BD program, it started to completing suspended process and went till 50% and it then stopped with an error. I clicked on OK and process disappeared!

Retrying this procedure terminates to this point every time.

The error :

The exception unknown software exception (0x0000417) occurred in the application at location 0x605cae97. Click on OK to terminate the program.

Also you can see screen shot in attachment.

How can I uninstall it?!

Please reply me ASAP. It's a critical state.

post-107981-1345495366_thumb.jpg

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

All the issues should be solved by using the new uninstall tool posted here http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35804 and a fresh installation using these instructions: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=312&id=53

Take care.

• While the question was asked at the beginning of this hijacked posting, it was never answered. It would be nice if someone would just take the time to answer the original question.

How do you exit from BD TS2013 completely?

Instead of getting off on some rant about a malware program or anything else like that, just answer the question.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited July 2013
    Options

To shut down features (exit) within Bitdefender itself, would be to turn off the Firewall, and then this: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=39510