Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Blocks Punkbuster (service Communication Failure)

Options

Hi all,

Bitdefender is blocking Punkbuster on my compuer, which is a background service used by online games to detect manipulation of game files. I receive a "service communication failure" error which means that the local PB software on my computer cannot communicate with the server.

I have added exceptions to the firewall and have also created antivirus exclusions. So far without results.

This is a commonly used software for online gaming so I hope that a solution is possible?

Robert

Comments

• Tom H
    Options

Hi, Bitdefender took care of mine and looking at Bitdefender Firewall settings & application rules. Click add rule and browse to C:\windows\syswoow64\pnkbstra.exe ( I have 64 bit version of windows ) you may need to run a search for pnkbstra.exe and use your location.

I have any network

Protocol =any

Action = allow

• columbo
    Options

Nice avatar, Tom :)

• Hi,

I have already created application rules, the two files pnkbstra and pnkbstrb are located in Windows/system32 but they are still blocked. Additionally there are copies of these files in the game folder, I created rules for them too just to be sure.

• Using the increased log setting I found this log entry that evidently appeara each time Punkbuster gets blocked:

[bDFW] [FILTER] Blocked packet for / from closed port because of stealth settings. Direction: Inbound, Local Address: 188.192.42.194:68, Remote Address: 83.169.169.210:67, Protocol: 17, Local Packet: 0, PID: -1, Process: , Cmd. Line:

Is this of any help?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Now, please open the main interface and make sure the firewall is turned on. Click on Settings and go to Firewall module.

From there click on the Advanced tab and turn on Increase log verbosity.

Close the interface and start your favorite game. By making more that setting in the product, more data will be collected in that log.

Please send me via PM this file

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Firewall\bdfirewall.txt

Send over all the data via PM.

Reboot you PC and turn off Increase log verbosity.

Take care.