Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Uninstall, Caused Loss Of Internet

Options

I had some trouble with bit defender 2012 (had problems activating) I read a similar post and it directed me to 2013, so I installed it. I wanted to play a new game (batman, arkham city) and found but defender stopped it from running. So I uninstalled and used the removal tool.

It didn't completely uninstall, but u could okay my game, so all good.

Today I started getting crash reports do I figured, I'll re install. I went into safe mode and ran the uninstall tool.. And when I restarted. It's gone.. Happy days....WRONG

I've completely lost Internet! Tried everything I can think of, removing devices, release Renew.. My router is fine all other pcs connect.. I can connect to the router, but no further!!!

What do I do?

I can't even reinstall 2012, it just freezes at 71%

Comments

• Don't know if this helps, but when I uninstalled previous security suite to install BD 2013, MS firewall took control and I also had no internet connection (I never used MS firewall).

So, check MS firewall.

• Nemie
    Options
    Don't know if this helps, but when I uninstalled previous security suite to install BD 2013, MS firewall took control and I also had no internet connection (I never used MS firewall).

So, check MS firewall.

Windows firewall is off... I checked

I've done a system restore.. Now msn and my swtor connects but Firefox won't... Nor will skype

• columbo
    Options

Hi Nemie,

Try resetting your network by opening command prompt in Admin mode, and typing in: netsh winsock reset then hit enter, it should then ask you to restart, as shown below. Restart your PC, and see if that helps.

reset.jpg

Hope this helps,

Columbo

• Nemie
    Options
    Hi Nemie,

Try resetting your network by opening command prompt in Admin mode, and typing in: netsh winsock reset then hit enter, it should then ask you to restart, as shown below. Restart your PC, and see if that helps.

reset.jpg

Hope this helps,

Columbo

Yup, I did about an hours worth of searching and tried that... Didn't work

• columbo
    columbo
    edited August 2012
    Options

Since you did the reset, did you try to uninstall Firefox and Skype, and re-install, restart the PC and see what happens? You may have to re-set the winsock catalog.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

• columbo
    columbo
    edited August 2012
    Options

Here is a link from this forum that I was looking for, that may help. http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=147972

• coolcool1227
    Options

Use the LSPfix tool to fix the issue. By the way which uninstall tool you used to uninstall Bitdefender?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

In the system tray, near the clock, the network icon has a yellow exclamation sign on it?

Thank you!