Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Does This Software Work?

Options

Hi

I have just installed Bitdefender IS 2013, and after spending almost an hour on the phone due to install problems (link to auto download and install was for the wrong version??), finally got it working.

Less than 24 hours later so far I have discovered that the following have either crashed or completely stopped working:

You Tube - get black screen with the error 'movie not loaded'

Auto Play function (on dvd's, usb stick, and flash drives) not working??

Logging into my bank account Google Chrome is freezing and 'killing pages' Safepay is not even enabled yet??

I have installed the software on two machines (desktop Win 7 64bit, and laptop Win 7 32 bit). The problems are on both machine coincidence????

A third computer on the same home network, with Bitdefender NOT installed is working fine on all the functions mentioned above.

Any advice on how to resolve these issues before I ask for a refund as so far TOTALLY UNIMPRESSED with this software package.

Regards

Comments

• I bought Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 to give it another chance after I had bad experience with 2012, but this is even worse

1- My internet became much slower, browsing, and downloading of files

2- Firefox crashes randomly, and I always blamed Mozilla that they had a bug in Firefox 14.0.1 after I uninstalled Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 it never crashed!

3- Playing movies using MPC-HC (Media Player Classic Home Cinema) causes random freezes of the entire computer and I had to force shut it down, this happens randomly when trying to move the seekbar to fast forward to a certain point.

4- The forums support is the worst I have ever seen, noone ever answers posts, and if you check the forums, it is bombareded with Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 problems

5- You Tube - get black screen with the error 'movie not loaded'

6- Logging into my bank account Google Chrome is freezing and 'killing pages' Safepay is not even enabled yet

It is true that Bitdefender has some of the best scores in virus tests that we see online, but it is full of bugs and makes your internet crawl like a 56 kbps connection! I don't know how this piece of junk software even gets good scores in online reviews! Those people probably don't use their system they just test it against virus samples!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback!

Please check my answer from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=153471

Thank you!

• McD54
    edited August 2012
    Options

Christian

Thanks for the response, the auto play 'bug' seems to have rectified itself, but the Flash Player, You Tube issues still remain.

TRIED to use this link http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...SupportTool.exe, but after downloading it says this tool is incompatible with my version of Windows?? (This is the second time in less than a week that Bitdefender Links have sent me to the wrong place/version), can you please send me the correct download link for a 64 bit Windows 7 install.

I have uninstalled BDIS 2013 from the laptop (32 bit Windows 7 - now running with FREE MSE2 perfectly!!) and ALL THE ISSUES have rectified themselves. CONCLUSION - It is Bitdefender that is creating/causing the problems!!

Also - after the lack of response from the forum, I did try to generate a ticket via support, it went through the motions then said it was uploading the file, which it appeared to do then the screen went blank and froze me out completely, I had to re-boot, I never got a response (or a ticket number) so I can only assume that the 'generated logfile' wasn't sent??? Can I also comment that this procedure is another fundamental basic flaw/bug in your software.

I bought your software on the reports that it was 'the best of the best' something I fail to understand!! after less than one week of use, it is worse than useless!! I am prepared to get the issues resolved (with your help), but can you advise me how do I claim a refund?

I await you comments.

Christian - thought I was replying to my post - but your link had directed me to this one. I have now posted on my own thread!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Let's continue this conversation over here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=36747

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.