Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

During Bd Internet Security Installation, Some Installation Files Are Corrupt

Options
cramrav
edited August 2012 in Installation

Help please. I'm going nuts trying to install BDIS13 or BDIS11. I keep getting the 'Some Installation Files are Corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation.'

I just had Win 7 Professional installed on my new processor (Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400) and mobo (MSI G31TM-P31).

I have already tried using the uninstall tool. Tried installing using the install kit or the offline kit. NO LUCK. Please help.

I didn't have this problem before with my AMD processor and ABIT mobo.

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi and Welcome on the Forum.

Match your system requirements here Ssystem Requirements.

Try this procedure from here How To Completely Uninstall Bitdefender, Detailed Procedure.

Also uninstall all versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.

• cramrav
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hi ONT,

Thanks for your suggestion. I did the following:

a. System Requirements - OK, Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66 GHz, 3 GB RAM, at least 60 GB hard disk space

b. Novice Steps for Completely Uninstalling BD - completed steps 1 to 5.

However, still no luck. I still get the same error message: "'Some Installation Files are Corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation."

Any other suggestions?

• coolcool1227
    Options

Then manually search for “Bitdefender” in System Drive, Registry and Windows Device Manager and delete the entries/items/drivers.

Whats your OS?

• I just did. Still no luck, same message.

OS is Windows 7 Professional.

• And this ######. I tried to open an email ticket with BitDefender Customer Care but can't complete one saying the license key is not valid. But if I check MyBitdefender account, it says there that my license is still valid for 147 days.

I think it's time to switch to another antivirus software.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Did you install any other antivirus in past? +ve then how did you remove? Whats your BIOS settings for Processor? What other softwares you have installed on your system?

OS is 32 bits or 64 bits and what its Service pack? UAC settings in Windows?

Also read this article "How to fix "Bitdefender installation has failed" issue"

For Service Pack, check this Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

• coolcool1227
    Options
    And this ######. I tried to open an email ticket with BitDefender Customer Care but can't complete one saying the license key is not valid. But if I check MyBitdefender account, it says there that my license is still valid for 147 days.

I think it's time to switch to another antivirus software.

If my suggestion didn't fix your issue, then wait for Technical Support. Your problem will definitely be fixed.

• @ONT,

My Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 (for 3 PCs) were working for my laptop and my current PC (with previous AMD processor and Abit motherboard). I changed my PC's processor to Intel with MSI motherboard today. And this is where my trouble with Bitdefender Internet Security started.

No other software besides those in Win 7 have been installed. Win 7 Professional 32-bit with SP1 is installed. I'm using the default UAC setting in Windows but I have also tried the UAC setting where programs are allowed changes to the computer without notification.

Also did actions on How to fix "Bitdefender installation has failed" issue. No improvement.

With Technical Support, I can't even log a ticket with them since the site says my license key is not valid when it is valid in my MyBItdefender acoount.

I'm running out of options and idea. If I try to call internal tech support in Romania, the call charges might just be near the price of a new antivirus.

By the way, I do appreciate your comments and suggestions. Thanks.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Run a Quick Scan from here Quick Scan or from Rescue CD from here Bitdefender Rescue Cd 2013

• Just did the rescue CD and no threats were found.

Still the same problem with the installation.

• alexx69
    Options

Hello cramrav,

Did you run installation as administrator and did you installed Service Pack 1 ?

• @ Alexx69,

Yes, I already tried running the installation as as administrator and I already have Windows 7 SP1.

Still, no improvement in the installation.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome to the forums!

Please install the product using the offline kit post here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35494

When prompted to download the latest updates, please choose NO.

Make sure you run the installation kit with right click and Run as administrator.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Do as Christian said and also check with disconnected Network Connection.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

Everything is OK now?

Please provide us your feedback here.

Take care.