Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Bdts 2013 Conflicts With Ssh-agent.exe And Other Software.

Options

Hi everyone.

I wrote this topic in this section because I don't know what module of Bitdefender is causing trouble. I have some problems caused by the installation of Bitdefender Total Security 2013 in my computer, and I know BD cause the problems because if I uninstall it everything works fine. The issues are the next:

* Nuance PDF Reader crashes while opening. A message says Nuance PDF Reader stop working.

* ASUS Lifeframe, a software to use the PC webcam, doesn't work properly, as the software GUI never appears in the screen (I can't see any video, buttons, window, etc.)

* ssh-agent.exe, an utility for SSH connections included in a version control system software called msysgit, hangs using 100% of one of the threads of the CPU (25% usage in a core i5)

I don't know what is happening, however, in the case of ssh-agent.exe, I detected something strange in the network activity. I have attached an image illustrating my point. It looks like ssh-agent.exe is trying to connect to a port without success, and try again immediately. I looked at the firewall application rules and ssh-agent.exe is allowed to connect to any network. So, what is the problem? I don't know.

I need to find a solution, so I ask for your help.

Bye.

post-108648-1345493441_thumb.png

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome to the forums!

Did you tried to create exclusions for those programs?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35502

Thank you!

• Thats a good point. I created an exclusion for ssh-agent.exe, but I didn't rebooted the PC after that. The program was still using 100% core usage, and then I removed the exclusion. The firewall rule for this program is exactly as the one shown in the image in the topic you linked. I will try exclusions for the other software.

By the way, I received an update this monday 21 (or before? In Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel it says I have version 16.16.0.1349), and the update required me to restart the PC. After that ssh-agent.exe has been working normally, no more 100% core usage. I didn't have to apply any exclusion to the process. Who knows what happened. :huh:^_^

Well, I will test with exclusion for Nuance and Lifeframe.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

After you do that, please provide us your feedback over here.

Thank you!

• OK, I've solved my problems using the method you gave me. Maybe not the ideal method (I mean exclusions) but nothing is perfect :).

Thanks for your help.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hello :)

I glad to hear that everything is working properly right now.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.