Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Installation Can't Run!

Options

I downloaded an offline setup of bitdefender 2013(earlier tried online setup also)...In both cases I get an error as "the application can't be run on this machine"...How to solve this?pls help me..

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi maaster, and welcome :)

Could you give us a little more information on your OS please, Windows 7 64-bit, XP Service Pack 3, etc .

Thank you for any follow up information you can provide here, it could help us to resolve this issue.

Kind regards,

Columbo

• windows 7,64 bit,4 gb RAM,no service packs installed ....

• alexx69
    Options
    windows 7,64 bit,4 gb RAM,no service packs installed ....

Hello maaster,

Service Pack 1 is highly recommended for functioning of the BitDefender.

I think is a best option for you to install the Service Pack 1 via Windows updates and then try to install Bitdefender again .

Due to incomplete installation that you have started, would not be bad that you first run

Bitdefender Uninstall Tool 2013 (right click<run as administrator).

Please sent your feedback to tell us what you have done.

Best regards.

• alexx69
    Options
    I downloaded an offline setup of bitdefender 2013(earlier tried online setup also)...In both cases I get an error as "the application can't be run on this machine"...How to solve this?pls help me..

Hello again,

Also when you try to run Bitdefender installer, offline or online you must "run as administrator".

Have a nice day.

• columbo
    Options

Thank you for your follow up information maaster, that was helpful :)

As alexx mentioned, there are system requirements that need to be met for a successful instal: http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/inter...%20Requirements

Widows 7 S.P. 1 information and download link can be found from here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...-service-pack-1

After doing the above, run the uninstall tool provided by alexx, then I also like to run CCleaner (free version) in normal cleaner mode, then you can download and right click Run as Admin, a full .exe file of your purchased Bitdefender version from here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35494

Hopefully this will get you up and running, let us know :)

Kind regards,

Columbo

• Hello maaster,

Service Pack 1 is highly recommended for functioning of the BitDefender.

I think is a best option for you to install the Service Pack 1 via Windows updates and then try to install Bitdefender again .

Due to incomplete installation that you have started, would not be bad that you first run

Bitdefender Uninstall Tool 2013 (right click<run as administrator).

Please sent your feedback to tell us what you have done.

Best regards.

actually speaking I have a limited bandwidth internet connection(only 3 gb per month)....so I cannot download windows 7 service pack 1....I rememember installing bitdefender internet security 2012 in the same computer without the service pack...Is there any alternative way?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome to the forums!

Right now, there is no other way. Bitdefender 2012/2013 can only be installed on Windows 7 only if Service Pack 1 is installed.

If you can not install it, please temporary install Bitdefender 2011 from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...ost&p=88869

Take care.

• maaster
    edited August 2012
    Options

Welcome to the forums!

Right now, there is no other way. Bitdefender 2012/2013 can only be installed on Windows 7 only if Service Pack 1 is installed.

If you can not install it, please temporary install Bitdefender 2011 from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...ost&p=88869

Take care.

But I installed bitdefender 2012 on the same computer....any way thanks for your replies ....I ll try to download sp1 and catch you later...

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

OK, please provide your feedback over here.

Thank you!

• I installed service pack 1..still the same problem "the application can't be run on this machine"

• Hello anyone there in this forum?no answer from anyone for 2 days!

• alexx69
    alexx69 ✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Hello anyone there in this forum?no answer from anyone for 2 days!

Hello maaster,

Did you have installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) ?

If you haven't, check this link

Have a nice weekend.

• Hello maaster,

Did you have installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) ?

If you haven't, check this link

Have a nice weekend.

I already had that one but again I downloaded and reinstalled that...but still no use....Do u have anything so that I may post some logs or reports here because there is no antivirus softwares in my computer for the past one week...so pls be quick...

• G-Data uses bitdefender engine, you can access it >>>> Here <<<<

For Direct access to it's 2013 version with bitdefender and avast engine, I think it's the 2013 which uses those or maybe 2012 but you can access that here >>>> www.gdatasoftware.com/antivirus-2013.html

• columbo
    Options
    I already had that one but again I downloaded and reinstalled that...but still no use....Do u have anything so that I may post some logs or reports here because there is no antivirus softwares in my computer for the past one week...so pls be quick...

Until Christian can help you, you can use MSE, it is has a small footprint, and will be easily uninstalled as needed when the times comes, and we're hopefully able to help you :) If you do this, please run the Bitdefender Uninstall tool first, for the version you had tried to install.

Kind regards,

Columbo

• alexx69
    Options

Hello maaster,

In your post #9 you said that you can install Bitdefender 2012. I suggest you to do it again and wait for a Christian response, because in that case you will be able to make "BDSP" file which will be of great help in solving of your problem.

Installing other anti virus software can cause a further complications in the already very complicated situation.

I'm sorry you're going through this, but be a little more patient, the only depth analysis of your system may influence the final solution.

Best regards.

• Hello maaster,

In your post #9 you said that you can install Bitdefender 2012. I suggest you to do it again and wait for a Christian response, because in that case you will be able to make "BDSP" file which will be of great help in solving of your problem.

Installing other anti virus software can cause a further complications in the already very complicated situation.

I'm sorry you're going through this, but be a little more patient, the only depth analysis of your system may influence the final solution.

Best regards.

Is there any other way to create a log?if not pls post a link for online installer for BD IS 12...not an offline installer because an online installer will say immediately while downloading setup files whether it is compatible or not?so I need not download offline installer which is about 250 mb...

• atlast I figured it out....I ran bitdefender uninstaller in safe mode and then tried to install...it works now....thanks to bitdefender support for helping me :D

• alexx69
    Options

Hello maaster,

I´m so glad to hear that :)

Which version of Bitdefender you currently use, latest or one of the previous ?

Do you still have a problem with upgrading to the 2013 version ?

Have a nice day.

• Hello maaster,

I´m so glad to hear that :)

Which version of Bitdefender you currently use, latest or one of the previous ?

Do you still have a problem with upgrading to the 2013 version ?

Have a nice day.

2013...no problem with any of the modules...I now only experiencing slow internet connection speed after installing BD IS 2013...I have posted the problem in this thread...pls help me out there

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=37455

• alexx69
    Options

Hello maaster,

I'm glad that you finally solved your primary issue and after a lot of trouble finally successfully installed the latest version of Bitdefender.

As for your current issue about the internet speed, you'll have to wait for a Christian response, because he knows best how to help you.

While you waiting for Christian response, feel free to run the speed test of your Internet.

Have a nice day.

• rootkit
    Options

I am glad this was resolved.

We will continue the discussion in that topic.

I declare this topic resolved.

Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.