Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Uninstall Tool Doesn't - Lost Web Access - Name Resolution Failed

Options

On a Vista 32 bit system (that dual boot_s to a MultiPoint server) I am stuck with half an installation of BD Internet Security 2013. If I try to reinstall I am told that the product is already installed, I then continue anf get get the attached error. There is no uninstall option in Programs & Features so I downloaded and ran the 2013 uninstall tool from both normal and safe mode then rebooted.

Now I find that DNS is not working. I can PING anywhere with an IP address but URLs are not resolved. It appears that any form of Internet access except web browsing is OK. I have tried with different browsers including IE with no add-ons in Safe mode. My only way to recover this function is to use system restore.

After the uninstall runs I am left with unaccessible files under Program Files (even if I mess with ACLs to take ownership) and the registry is stuffed with references.

How can I completely uninstall then properly install please ?

post-1262-1346529414_thumb.jpg

post-1262-1346531356_thumb.jpg

Comments

• This was resolved by booting into safe mode with networking then running the 2013 BitDefender uninstall tool as Administrator. After a reboot the installation of BitDefender proceeded normally and Internet connection with web access was possible.

• columbo
    Options

Thank you for replying back with your solution, euqeneq, as that can help us in the future for any similar issue like this :)

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback.

Since this was resolved, I declare this topic closed.

Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.