Parental Control Blocking All Sites

Hello,

I am using Bitdefender Internate security 2012 on windows 7.

I am trying to use bitdefenders parental control to block sites for my doughters & give internet access for specific time schedule.

I am having issues with accessing certain websites from this particular machine.

If I log in to the machine as an administrator, I have no problems accessing Yahoo.com or Google.com

However, if my daughter log in to the machine as a standard user and try to access Yahoo.com or Google.com she gets:

Stop. Bitdefender blocked this web page

This page is blocked by the administrator

Access from your browser has been blocked

Pl. help me

Comments

• Hello :)

Did you checked the rules for her account? It's important the age set in the module.

Also, in Bitdefender 2013 we have a cloud based Parental Control Module.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

After you install the new version, if needed, we will continue the conversation on the new area from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=293

Thank you.

• I am having many problems with Bit Defender Parental control in the cloud. Total Security 2013 with Windows 7-64 bit.

My home is setup with four users set on each of our three computers. Two desktops and one laptop.

The problems I am experiencing with Parental Control in the cloud is blocked websites that are automatically chosen by Bit Defender and the blocked sites are applied to users who are not set up within parental control.

I have tried many times to use parental control and each time parental control is too controlling.

Problems:

1. Blocks all websites for all users even those not setup under parental control. "Bit Defender has blocked access to this website"

2. Age specific control does not seem to work. Websites for my children's homework are blocked. Spelling City being one.

3. Blocked websites cannot be unblocked. I have checked every access point within setup and I cannot find a method to unblock a blocked website.

4. Time controls do not seem to work either and or the time control does not work independently.

To sum things up. My pre-teen either has no internet access or full internet access. At this time she needs to access her homework sites and her online text books. I do not want her to have access to websites with foul language and more.

Customer support seems to be a dead end. I have asked for help at least a dozen times and I cannot find my help tickets online as I would with previous versions.

What should I do to solve this problem?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Did you activated the product with the same My Bitdefender Account?

Thank you!

Did you activated the product with the same My Bitdefender Account?

Thank you!

Could you explain what your question means? I don't get it.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

You mentioned that Bitdefender is running on 3 PCs. Did you entered the same email address to activate all the products during the installation process?

Thank you!

• Delayed response from me.

I really need to get parental control working.

Here is the latest.

Yes, all three computers are activated with the same email and account information. I have recently overcome some problems with corrupt Bit Defender files by repairing the installation of the Bit Defender.

Focusing on Parental Control:

1. What seems to be missing is the feature to add sites to the white list.

2. I made modifications to my daughter's parental control by setting it to age 12 and allowing some features while continuing to block foul language, suicide, hate etc. Her complaint is some YouTube videos teaching her how to play the Legend of Zelda are blocked. I watched the videos and decided they were acceptable for her to watch.

3. Trying to reset her parental control in the cloud was impossible because parental control will not open.

The goal remains the same: Prevent the kids from accessing videos and websites with inappropriate material.

Questions: What can I do to access parental control? All I get is a spinning wheel and no access.

When I do regain access, what can I do to add sites or specific links to the white list?

Windows 7 - 64 bit, primarily using Google Chrome.

Thank you.

post-71805-1353562643_thumb.jpg

A product update was released. Your build should be 16.24.0.1682(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=164968

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

Please open a new topic on the new area and we will continue the conversation over there.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=293

Have a nice day.