Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

One Huge Disappointment

Options
hey_moe
edited September 2012 in General

A couple of weeks back I was searching the internet for a new security program. A few sites rated BD five stars, so I decided to spend the money and purchase it. I did a full format using a third party cleaner and wiped my complete hard drive to make sure nothing would interfere. Formatting the hard drive was really no big deal. I found out the hard way this program has way too many bugs in it to even be rated two or one star.To me it is a complete failure. In the last couple of weeks I have had to do a hard reboot over and over again because of everything freezing up.Some of the programs are also force into a freeze up and many other problems with the operation of W7. I will spend today looking for a replacement. The biggest failure is when BD asked you to download all your information and send it to them so they can see what might be causing the problem. The main problem is BD not your computer. To go through all the trouble of doing a complete hard drive wipe and then have to put up with all this nonsense and total failure isn't worth any amount of money. You can see by all the other complaints that they aren't going to fix these bugs. So if you don't mind putting up with a flawed program keep this junk. It you do mind I would dump this and get a workable security program. Out of all the security programs I have had and tried out this one gets the first place award for nothing but pure trouble.

Comments

• A couple of weeks back I was searching the internet for a new security program. A few sites rated BD five stars, so I decided to spend the money and purchase it. I did a full format using a third party cleaner and wiped my complete hard drive to make sure nothing would interfere. Formatting the hard drive was really no big deal. I found out the hard way this program has way too many bugs in it to even be rated two or one star.To me it is a complete failure. In the last couple of weeks I have had to do a hard reboot over and over again because of everything freezing up.Some of the programs are also force into a freeze up and many other problems with the operation of W7. I will spend today looking for a replacement. The biggest failure is when BD asked you to download all your information and send it to them so they can see what might be causing the problem. The main problem is BD not your computer. To go through all the trouble of doing a complete hard drive wipe and then have to put up with all this nonsense and total failure isn't worth any amount of money. You can see by all the other complaints that they aren't going to fix these bugs. So if you don't mind putting up with a flawed program keep this junk. It you do mind I would dump this and get a workable security program. Out of all the security programs I have had and tried out this one gets the first place award for nothing but pure trouble.

Totally true. I was warned by my brother not to install Bitdefender when he sees me with my box of BD 2013. I bought BD 2013 because of the high rated. He rated a one not five. Well, I actually do the right thing and return or else i'll have a huge problems as he went through. Install this thing and leave it your computer for couple of days and you know what im talking about. It's all about problems and very pure trouble coming.

• Totally true. I was warned by my brother not to install Bitdefender when he sees me with my box of BD 2013. I bought BD 2013 because of the high rated. He rated a one not five. Well, I actually do the right thing and return or else i'll have a huge problems as he went through. Install this thing and leave it your computer for couple of days and you know what im talking about. It's all about problems and very pure trouble coming.

Sadly, I must agree. I have used BD Internet Security 2012 which was very good but after the upgrade to 2013 it was a disaster (I have 3 licenses, for my XP pc, for a Vista PC and for my Win 7 laptop). Luckily I only installed it on my Win7 machine first. I tried contacting BD but I haven't heard from them in over a month. I tried submitting all sorts of contact forms but no answer. Even a phone number supposedly for my country (The Netherlands) doesn't work.

As an experienced software tester, I see (but anyone can see) that this product was released too early and not sufficiently tested. I wish BD would own up to that and give us our money back or fix the product.

I'm feeling very frustrated that I cannot even reach them! I've given up on the illusion of my problems being solved so I would just like my money back and sadly, go with a competitor's product.

Patrick

• What I don't understand is how a program like this be highly rated but cause only disasters to your desktop. When I first installed it all seemed well for a couple of days and no problems. Then once it started updating then I started having major failures.

• What I don't understand is how a program like this be highly rated but cause only disasters to your desktop. When I first installed it all seemed well for a couple of days and no problems. Then once it started updating then I started having major failures.

Install and leave it in there at least 2-3 days then you will know exactly what im talking about, very pure trouble coming FOR SURE, get ready for disaster! :(

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Have a great week!

This discussion has been closed.