Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Sandbox Problem

Options

I have installed Bitdefender total security 2013 on windows 8 Pro x64.As default browser i'm using google chrome(tried latest version..beta one...and the dev build 23.)

As soon as i enable sandbox i get an error in my event log with event id 512 source CAPI2 and the description says:

The Cryptographic Services service failed to initialize the VSS backup "System Writer" object.

Details:

Could not open the EventSystem service for query.

System Error:

Element not found

Is that normal?

This also happens if i use the sandbox on IE10.

I have checked this many times and it only happens(the error)as soon as i enable sandbox.Also reinstalled the browser many times

Comments

• Can someone check this???

• I expected this forum to be a little more...active!Is only Christian working on this?

• A few weeks late to this thread, but just FYI norrik, I am able to duplicate the exact same error message in my logs using BitDefender Internet Security 2013 and Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64-Bit) whenever I launch Chrome in a sandbox. I will try to duplicate it on one more system.

• Okay, I was able to duplicate it on another Windows 7 Pro 64-bit machine. Since the sandbox purports to isolate the browser activity from the rest of the OS, I don't think it's much of a concern that Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) (used for backups), reports an error when the sandbox is initiated. I'd be concerned if, in fact, the OS could back up temporary files that are connected to the sandboxed browser experience.