Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Knowledgebase Article For Patch-setid-cleaner.exe In English

Options
coolcool1227
coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in Installation

For complete uninstallation of Bitdefender there is an other tool named "Patch-SetID-Cleaner.exe" which should run after running Uninstall Tool if we want to upgrade Bitdefender from its predecessors versions. Although the French version of the said tool also works the same for the English versions of Bitdefender, but from where do I get the English version of the said tool?

The link of the kb article is "http://kb.supportbd.com/1022/"

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

That patch is used only under certain conditions and in an normal uninstall process it is not required.

Also, we recommend users to use the uninstall tool only when installing a new version(newer) of Bitdefender. If not, the uninstaller from Control Panel should remove all the leftovers(in Bitdefender 2013 the uninstall process is handled by a small uninstall tool integrated in the product).

The English Team and the French Team are managed by two different people. The first one is located in Bucharest, Romania at Bitdefender HQ and the second one is located in France.

Some of the KB articles don't have a corespondent in English and vice versa.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

I know to some extent in which conditions it is used. So you don't have the English version of that tool? Ok, but it can work with the English version of Bitdefender as well. I've verified this from registry.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

That tool is generic because the products are identically, the only thing different in this case is the language.

We do have a tool, but that version doesn't have a graphical interface.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

I am interested in that tool. Would you like to send me?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

I can't send you the tool because you really don't need it. You are an advanced user that can clean leftovers using different tools. You posted all the steps in that topic.

Thank you!

• coolcool1227
    Options

Ok...never mind, but you have the official one which can be used risk free. And by the way and with all respect since the release of 2012 version you are always reluctant to deliver/implement anything that can accomplish for the Advanced User's requirements?

Hope you will not mind. Have a marvelous weekend. :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

All requests are taken in consideration, but some of them can't be implemented via product updates.

Some things will be changed in Bitdefender 2014, but for now the details are not public.

Thank you for your feedback!

Take care.

• KEM
    Options

I can't send you the tool because you really don't need it. You are an advanced user that can clean leftovers using different tools. You posted all the steps in that topic.

Thank you!

That's ridiculous. There is no reason not to make this valuable tool available for everyone. Is this reply some kind of inside joke that I'm missing?

- KEM

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

The patch is not a valuable tool and should not be used by anyone. Is just a cleaner that is used under certain conditions and this is determined by the logs gathered with support tool.

If you will ever need it in the future, I will more than glad to assist you solving the issue.

I declare this topic closed.

Have a nice day!

This discussion has been closed.