Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Frequency Of Updates

Options

Hi

When I first purchased and loaded Bitdefender Total Security 2013 a few days ago, updates were hourly.

Now they appear to be random - a few hourly, and then a gap of 3 to 4 hours, and then hourly again.

My understanding is that the effectiveness of a malware security package is dependent on having up to date

updates at all times.

Please can someone advise me if these infrequent updates compromise security ?

Thank you.

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited September 2012
    Options

Hi shot-bowl :)

Unless you're fast track surfing down "malware alley", you will be just fine :) So no worries, it may just be something on Bitdefenders servers end. You can run a System Scan though, just for your peace of mind, unless you already have.

Cheers,

Columbo

• Hi shot-bowl :)

Unless you're fast track surfing down "malware alley", you will be just fine :) So no worries, it may just be something on Bitdefenders servers end. You can run a System Scan though, just for your peace of mind, unless you already have.

Cheers,

Columbo

Thanks Columbo

Yes - that is what I did and all is fine.

Thanks for the reply.

• columbo
    Options

You're welcome, and am glad all is well :)

Thanks for posting back :)

Columbo

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Our servers are up and running and not incidents were reported in the logs.

Do you have a wireless connection?

Thank you!

• columbo
    Options
    Hello :)

Do you have a wireless connection?

Thank you!

Hi Christian :)

I've noticed that you have mentioned this before: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=148085

Is there something that happens when we are wirelessly connected to the internet, as far as Bitdefender's frequency of updating?

Thanks for your help :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Scott :)

If the wireless connection is unstable and some packets are lost in the update process, the module will try to retrieve them several times.

That's why in some cases you notice that the process takes longer.

Take care.