Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdendender Total Internet Security - Installation Crashing

Options
Yossarian
edited September 2012 in Installation

Hello all,

I was running BitDefender Total Internet Security 2012 and I decided to upgrade to 2013.

My laptop is using Windows 7 x64.

I downloaded the file BitDefender_Uninstall_Tool.exe and when I launched it never seems to finish.

I have attached a screen-shot of the uninstall program running - screen.jpg

post-112258-1348645935_thumb.jpg

I then closed the uninstall tool and launched the BitDefender_isecurity.exe file. A dialog box is displayed when the install files are downloaded and then

the download dialog box closes and nothing happens.

I checked the following folder - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\SetupInformation\{34480DEE-54D6-4985-A817-CA30E9BBC94C}

and there is a folder called Dumps with a file called bd_A7B.dmp.

It seems that the BitDefender install.exe is crashing for some reason.

Has anyone else ever had this type of issue with upgrading from BitDefender 2012 to 2013?

Thanks

Alex

Comments

• Hello all,

I was running BitDefender Total Internet Security 2012 and I decided to upgrade to 2013.

My laptop is using Windows 7 x64.

I downloaded the file BitDefender_Uninstall_Tool.exe and when I launched it never seems to finish.

I have attached a screen-shot of the uninstall program running - screen.jpg

post-112258-1348645935_thumb.jpg

I then closed the uninstall tool and launched the BitDefender_isecurity.exe file. A dialog box is displayed when the install files are downloaded and then

the download dialog box closes and nothing happens.

I checked the following folder - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\SetupInformation\{34480DEE-54D6-4985-A817-CA30E9BBC94C}

and there is a folder called Dumps with a file called bd_A7B.dmp.

It seems that the BitDefender install.exe is crashing for some reason.

Has anyone else ever had this type of issue with upgrading from BitDefender 2012 to 2013?

Thanks

Alex

Have You Tried Running Uninstall Tool In Safe Mode.

First Use BD 2013 Unistall Tool And Then Use BD 2012 uninstall tool

• Have You Tried Running Uninstall Tool In Safe Mode.

First Use BD 2013 Unistall Tool And Then Use BD 2012 uninstall tool

I tried that. Booted up in Safe mode and run the 2013 Uninstall tool and then the 2012 uninstall tool.

That made no difference.

• I tried that. Booted up in Safe mode and run the 2013 Uninstall tool and then the 2012 uninstall tool.

That made no difference.

After you run the uninstall tools , you need to try the full offline kit for IS and make sure you have the right one for your system type.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35430

:ph34r:

• After you run the uninstall tools , you need to try the full offline kit for IS and make sure you have the right one for your system type.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35430

:ph34r:

Yes, I have tried the full installation file as well for Windows 7 x64. The installer still crashes.

Online installer or offline installer. It make no difference as they both run the same installer which crashes.

• Yes, I have tried the full installation file as well for Windows 7 x64. The installer still crashes.

Online installer or offline installer. It make no difference as they both run the same installer which crashes.

Do You Have dotNetFramework 4.0 installed?

• Do You Have dotNetFramework 4.0 installed?

I checked the registry. Yes, that is installed.

• I checked the registry. Yes, that is installed.

I did not read your post carefully.

Actually bitdefender needs windows 7 with sp1 to be installed on your computer

install sp1 update and then try to run installer again.

• I did not read your post carefully.

Actually bitdefender needs windows 7 with sp1 to be installed on your computer

install sp1 update and then try to run installer again.

Yes, service pack 1 is already installed.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Did you properly uninstalled the old security solutions?

If not, you have here all the uninstall tools listed:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=36510

Let me know if you are able to install Bitdefender now.

Take care.