Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Infected Game!?!?

Options

Hi everybody,

I have this problem, I'd like some help please.

I'd like to explain what happened:

I bought a game recently via eBay: F.E.A.R. for PC. The box was sealed, and the

seller assured me it was new. The packaging and the DVD look like official stuff.

So, I assumed it is a real game, not a fake... unless?

I tried to install it, but at the end of the installation process, some .cab files could not be

installed. So I disinstalled the game and reinstalled it with bitdefender plus 10 disabled.

The game correctly installed itself.

Now, when I do a full scan of my PC, it says that

ArcadeInstallFEAR20.exe=>wise0397 detected with Adware.Gamespyarcade.A

in the game's directory, some .cab file...

Is this a threat to my PC? What is this Adware.Gamespyarcade.A ? I can't find it in the encyclopedia.

It's impossible to delete it or move it to quarantine, nor desinfect it.

Is it possible that the game is a copy and that the seller put a virus or a trojan horse in it?

Or is it a false positive?

I can't get rid of it anyway, so I desinstalled the game. Then I put the DVD in the D: drive and scanned it,

it still detects the same virus, and now, it is on my PC again, when I've just used autorun (well it did that automatically),

I haven't installed the game again.

Thing is, I can't get rid of it, it's stuck in my local settings' temp folder.

Please help me, thank you in advance.

Sincerely yours.

Comments

• Hello ChilloowBit,

please attach this file (ArcadeInstallFEAR20.exe). It may be a false positive.

king regards,

Marius Botis

• Hi Marius Botis,

Thanks for replying. One question though, how do I attach the file?

Best regards, cb

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello ChilloowBit,

Put the reported file in a ZIP archive, protected by the password infected.

Then, when you create a new post, under the field where you type the text you can find the Attachment area. Press Browse, look for the archive you previously created, click Open and then click on the green button Upload. After a few moments (depending on the size of the file and the speed of your connection), the file will be attached.

Cris.

• Hello ChilloowBit,

Put the reported file in a ZIP archive, protected by the password infected.

Then, when you create a new post, under the field where you type the text you can find the Attachment area. Press Browse, look for the archive you previously created, click Open and then click on the green button Upload. After a few moments (depending on the size of the file and the speed of your connection), the file will be attached.

Cris.

Thanks for your support. After updating my antivirus, it seems that the virus is no longer detected, must have been a false positive then.

Thanks anyway.