Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Outlook Express Problem - Import Email Addresses

Options

I am using BD Total Security 2008.

In Outlook Express you can import email addresses from Outlook Express Folders.

This applies to both Friends and Spammers.

Then I get a new screen telling me:

Current Identity

Select a folder to preview all email addresses

But I cannot select any folder.

I am wondering what is wrong?

Thanks.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Dear Thopaga,

Can you please make a screenshot of it? To do that press on the Print Scr button that is located on your keyboard. Open Paint go to edit paste save it into jpeg format. Upload the screenshot at your next post. To do that scroll down when you are in the post a reply screen till you see the Attachments section press on browse now locate to the destination where you saved the screenshot press open. Click on the upload button after that press on add reply.

Best regards

Niels

• Hi Niels.

Thanks for quick reply.

Forgot to mention I am using Outlook Express version 6.

Hope you can see the attachment.

Thanks.

post-4442-1199973942_thumb.jpg

• Niels
    Options

Dear Thopaga,

Does it always happen when you try to import these e-mail addresses? How many addresses needed to be imported? When it are many the chance is high that the process can freeze for a few moments so wait 3 minutes to see if now all the addresses are imported. Otherwise perform a repair installation first right click on the red BitDefender icon near the system clock click on exit. Put in the BitDefender installation cd-rom and use the repair option. If you downloaded BitDefender just double click on the installer and choose also for repair.

Best regards

Niels

• Hi Niels.

Thank you for your kind answer.

Sorry, but neither of them works.

Reinstall is of no help.

I think that BD does not understand where the Outlook Express folders are on disk.

They are on S:\Outlook Express

BD finds the address book though, but without the folder option this product will not be very good.

Any more suggestions?

I wished there was an option to tell where my folders are.

Thanks.

• Niels
    Options

Dear Thopaga,

This is only a user forum. I don't work for Softwin (BitDefender) that is also the case for all moderators. Try to copy the outlook folders to c: in the same folder as where the address book is stored.

Normally when you exported the address book and imported now in outlook express BitDefender antispam wizard will automatically import these as friends.

You can also uninstall BitDefender completely by using this tool. But first rightclick on the BitDefender icon choose exit. Reboot afterwards and install BitDefender again.

Sorry but I don't know any more solutions. The best thing is using livechat select technical supportor send a mail to support via my account page.

Best regards

Niels

• Hi Niels.

Thanks for your help.

I have done as you have told me and done both reinstall and repair of Outlook Express.

After Livechat with Steven he has made a ticket.

After much trying with a clean windows xp I have found out the cause of the problem.

It is a bug in BD, because as soon as you change the location of the default folder for messages in Tools-Maintance window, BD do not understand even if you switch it back to the original location.

I am a little bit surprised that it is a bug since this version has been out for some time.

Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Anyway, thanks for your kind help.