Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Multiple Issues Carried Over 2012

Options

I've been having lots of issues with BitDefender ever since I upgraded to a new computer. I thought maybe it was probably because it was already conflicting with the anti-virus that had come with the computer. I uninstalled Trend Micro and the Norton Backup programs.

Then I installed BitDefender Total Security 2012. Auto-Scan and Auto-Pilot kept turning themselves off. I looked around Windows User Account settings to make sure it wasn't the computer. I didn't see anything that could be affecting it. I tried updating and it was completely greyed out. I couldn't change anything at all because I simply couldn't click it.

I searched here for a solutions and decided to get the free upgrade to 2013. I thought that would perhaps help fix the issues I'm having. It doesn't seem to have helped. I've already uploaded the file and I will also attach a screenshot of the Update area being grayed out.

post-114006-1350589311_thumb.png

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi Runzu, and welcome :)

If while you're waiting for your file that you sent to get read, you could try cleaning things up a bit and see if that helps :)

My thought is to Uninstall the 2013 version using the Uninstall Tool. Restart your PC.

Then use the 2012 Uninstall Tool (2nd link) to remove any remnants of that version that may be left. Restart your PC.

Then use the Trend Micro uninstall tool from this link, to be sure all the remnants of that are deleted. Restart your PC.

Now download and run CCleaner in Sweep Mode, and then in Reg. mode, only deleting any leftover Norton, Trend Micro and Bitdefender registry keys. Restart your PC.

(see CCleaner Reg. mode info. http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/usin...gistry-cleaning )

Then do some checking in your Program Files, Program Files (x86), Program Data, and Users (your PC user name) Application Files for any leftover files of the aforementioned software, and delete those.

Now, download and run the Bitdefender Total Security 2013 version from this link

With this method, at least you should have a clean install without any possible conflicts of previous versions and software, and hopefully things will run properly with Bitdefender.

Kind regards,

Columbo

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Let me know if everything is OK after.

Take care.