Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Is 2013 Default Firewall Settings And Another Question

Options

Just installed BD IS 2013, using Win 7 64bit. I was just browsing some of the settings and in the Firewall>Settings>Firewall Rules>General Rules I noticed that the default setting for Incoming Remote Desktop Connections was Allow. I'm not sure I want that set that way. Is it OK to set it to Deny? I don't use Remote Desktop Connections and wouldn't allow anyone to use it on my system unless I OKed it. I understand that if for some reason I had to allow a tech support person to be able to utilize a Remote Desktop Connection I would have to reset this.

Other question: I noticed that after installation under the same path and in Application Rules there is a rule for c:\users\my name\appdata\local\temp\rarsfx0\setupdownloader.exe. It has an Any Network, Any Protocol, and Action Allow setting. I checked the path and that item is no longer there (I have enabled viewing hidden files and folders). I assume that was a rule used by BD during the initial install and updating. Is that correct? If so, may I now delete that rule?

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

Hello :)

We recommend you to leave the default settings for the Firewall module.

The rule is created automatically and that file is part of the installation kit.

Take care.