Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Paranoid Mode Off After Each Restart

Options

I use an evaluation copy of BTS 2013 16.23.0.1637

There is no way I can purchase a full licence if after each restart Paranoid mode is set to OFF again from ON status.

Autopilot, Game Mode, Laptop Mode are off, but it still happens without any notification whatsoever silently after each restart. I think it's a serious security issue. I have read other threads here - you never know when firewall will reverse back the rules assigned to it or turns some feature completely off.

Any suggestion of what could be the issue?

With best wishes.

G

Comments

• I use an evaluation copy of BTS 2013 16.23.0.1637

There is no way I can purchase a full licence if after each restart Paranoid mode is set to OFF again from ON status.

Autopilot, Game Mode, Laptop Mode are off, but it still happens without any notification whatsoever silently after each restart. I think it's a serious security issue. I have read other threads here - you never know when firewall will reverse back the rules assigned to it or turns some feature completely off.

Any suggestion of what could be the issue?

With best wishes.

G

@general001

Believe me you don't want this product. I would stay away far as possible if i were you. There's nothing but problems. Don't believe me, leave the evualation on couple days, you'll know exactly what i mean. It's not worh the money and headaches. :)

• columbo
    columbo
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hi general001, and welcome :)

I would wait to see what changes were made with the new build 16.23.0.167 update before you do anything. This post implies (see also AstroMax post #17) some of the setting that were not being save would be resolved with the new update/build, in the soon to be posted changelog. Hang in there, and lets see what comes of it :)

Kind regards,

Columbo

• coolcool1227
    Options

Already reported here Settings Not Saved, on restart

• general001
    edited October 2012
    Options

OK, basically it's clear - it was already reported in August, now it's Oct and no fix!!! ok, regardless the fix even no adequate feedback has been given I see.

Of course, maybe some new builds have come out meanwhile, but these issues should be resolved with new builds...

• OK, basically it's clear - it was already reported in August, now it's Oct and no fix!!! ok, regardless the fix even no adequate feedback has been given I see.

Of course, maybe some new builds have come out meanwhile, but these issues should be resolved with new builds...

That's what they always good at "it will resolve the next product update". Don't believe any of these. They're just making you go through hoops and make you wait and wait. Nothings new about BD. I don't believe a thing what they say no matter how good they are, hehe. My family, whole generation, coworker, everybody that i know already abandoned BD. Like my brother always say change the word from "Awake" to "Sleep" they're not awake!

• That's what they always good at "it will resolve the next product update". Don't believe any of these. They're just making you go through hoops and make you wait and wait. Nothings new about BD. I don't believe a thing what they say no matter how good they are, hehe. My family, whole generation, coworker, everybody that i know already abandoned BD. Like my brother always say change the word from "Awake" to "Sleep" they're not awake!

I SWITCHED TO COMODO AND WILL GIVE IT A TRY!

Have a nice weekend everybody!

• promise26
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I SWITCHED TO COMODO AND WILL GIVE IT A TRY!

Have a nice weekend everybody!

@general001

Good Choice!! I'm sure you'll be much happier with Comodo. You don't want this AV product called Bitdefender. Believe me, my brother and i've been there it's nothing but headache, problems one after another. :)

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.