Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 8 64 Bit - Bitdefender Install Crash

Options

Hi,

I have installed Windows 8 (64 bit). I have tried 3 times to install BitDefender Internet Security, following the instructions posted by Christian. Each time, I get part way through the install then my machine crashes (a black wall of death!). It then goes into a prolonged 'repair' cycle. This completely screws up my windows installation leaving me no choice but to go back and reinstall Windows. Looking at other posts, it strikes me that their is a problem with the installation of BitDefender on Windows 8. (I have a PC which unfailingly ran Windows 7 + BitDefender)

At the moment I have my system set up with all of my various applications installed, and am relying on Windows security. I'd rather use BitDefender, but if I can't, ...... and I do not want to go through another failed / crashed / repaired install attempt.

Can anyone advise whether BitDefender now have a means to reliably install their software on Windows 8?

Thanks,

Bob

Comments

• Same problem here.

laptop doesnt start but i can enter in secure mode.

i reinstall bitdefender (repair And uninstall) from secure mode whitout results.

the only thing its reinstall windows 8.

(u_u) so sad

• Have this problem as well.

Already posted it here: clicky-here but your description matches the install problems I have as well.

Hoping that posting it here as well will help expedite a solution.

(if the problem persists too long i'll probably abandon bitdefender . . . don't feel safe with the MS anti-virus)

• Same Problem here.

My Laptop was working fine with windows 7 and Bitdefender TS 2013.

Since the Clean Upgrade to Windows 8 Pro I am unable to install Bitdefender TS 2013. It downloads the new version from net and then while in the final stages of installation it crashes.

Windows cant even reboot and I had to go to recovery mode to do a system refresh which removed all installed programmes.

Its really disturbing and I couldn't find any solution for it.

My system:

Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

Intel core i7 3520M 2.8GHz

4 GB Ram

Lenovo x230 Tablet

• Same Problem here.

My Laptop was working fine with windows 7 and Bitdefender TS 2013.

Since the Clean Upgrade to Windows 8 Pro I am unable to install Bitdefender TS 2013. It downloads the new version from net and then while in the final stages of installation it crashes.

Windows cant even reboot and I had to go to recovery mode to do a system refresh which removed all installed programmes.

Its really disturbing and I couldn't find any solution for it.

My system:

Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

Intel core i7 3520M 2.8GHz

4 GB Ram

Lenovo x230 Tablet

Are you by chance using a Vertex4 SSD? If not, that can help us eliminate it as a culprit. See: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=38514 So far everyone that has posted specs is using a Vertex4 SSD, and while it's not incredibly likely it's causing the problem, we haven't ruled it out.

• Hapexi
    edited October 2012
    Options

Whoo! I am having same problem as well. Tried to reinstall Bitdefender internet security 2013 because it was not working properly after installing Windows 8 Pro. It went for the repair loop and but I fortunately managed to restore my system to previous point. I noticed that even thought I uninstalled bitdefender, it left few files on my /Program files folder. Bdprovider.dll and a folder Bdprovider32 which includes a .dll as well. Both of those files are being used by different running programs. The one in the folder is being used my Asus WIFI Go! Server and the other one is being used by dasHost.exe.

I tried to search dasHost.exe and it is some windows system file which obviously has something to do with security. I saw on a windows forum a support engineer asking "Which security software is installed in your computer?" on a dasHost.exe related issue.

ps. I am using samsung 830 SSD

• Are you by chance using a Vertex4 SSD? If not, that can help us eliminate it as a culprit. See: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=38514 So far everyone that has posted specs is using a Vertex4 SSD, and while it's not incredibly likely it's causing the problem, we haven't ruled it out.

Hi, thanks for the comment. For information, I am using an SSD drive, but mine is an Intel 120GB drive. I'm still running without BitDefender, but I'd prefer to have something more secure than Windows Defender

• Are you by chance using a Vertex4 SSD? If not, that can help us eliminate it as a culprit. See: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=38514 So far everyone that has posted specs is using a Vertex4 SSD, and while it's not incredibly likely it's causing the problem, we haven't ruled it out.

No I don't have SSD. I am using the stalk HDD of 320GB. I doubt SSDs are cause of this. I think its about compatibility issues, and it will only get sorted out once bitdefender guys put their heads into it. Till that time I am forced not to use Bifdefender inspite of purchasing it.

Somebody please help.

• Okay, looks like we can rule out SSD as the problem as well. The only thing that was similar in hardware at first was a Vertex4 SSD, then just generally an SSD, and now not even that and still having the same symptoms. The only thing I can think of is some sort of software incompatibility going on. Is it possible that it's our particular distribution of Win8? I guess that's another thing that can be discussed. I'm using Win8 Pro which I downloaded from TechNet.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Please read my post from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=163222

The discussion will continue over there.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.