Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

The Animated Application Icon Is Very Distracting

Options

I'm not sure if the Windows version is similar but on the Mac version the icon of the Antivirus is animated whenever I perform a scan.

bit-defender-animated.png

In case of a full system scan that takes over an hour, this becomes incredibly distracting and annoying if you're trying to do some work. I started to cancel weekly full-system scans because of it until I could leave the computer opened over-night. I don't think it servers any real purpose and it's just a "flashy" feature. It should be removed. A good antivirus should work in background.

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hi cvrabie, and welcome :)

Not having a Mac, I can't relate with the distraction of the green "radar" scan indicator, as the Windows version has a nice blue scrolling type of indicator, which is not distracting. (enlarged for clarity)

Scanicon.jpg

The good news, is that with Autoscan feature, it really isn't necessary to scan weekly once you have done a initial full System scan, and can be done monthly. The Autoscan, On Access, AVC Control, Phishing and Firewall are constantly protecting your PC after an initial scan. See this post and thread for information on Autoscan. http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=148732

Yet, you could always ask for the icon and how it looks when scanning (more like the PC version?) to be changed in the Feature Request forum.

Kind regards,

Columbo

• +1 on this. As a work around, when I do a scan, I usually don't use it. Maybe just let it scan with the monitor turned off and myself doing other things. smile2.png

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

Hello :)

For now that icon won't be changed for the Mac product.

Thank you for your patience and for the cooperation with BitDefender team.

Have a great day!