Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 Freezes/crashes Windows 7 During Installation

CGW
CGW
edited November 2012 in Installation

Hello,

System: Windows 7 Home Premium with SP1 on a Vaio laptop with adequate requirements for BD

Issue: During installation the whole system freezes. Can't move the mouse...nothing. Have to force shutdown. Always happens just as the "downloading" and "scanning" progress bars begin to show (ie. after I have agreed to the T&Cs of installation, clicked install and seen a few pictures of what BD can do)

Tried the following: Used the BD 2013 uninstall tool about five times now, including as an Administrator in Safe Mode (the application completes successfully each time), and then restarted as instructed, redownloaded the BD IS 2013 software from http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/in...r_isecurity.exe and tried installation again... Still exactly the same thing happens... So I have repeated it all with the Support Tool software and recreated the issue, including two screenshots. Please let me know if I can submit this information for an answer.

This is a fully paid-up one year licence on three computers; my other laptop is working absolutely fine but this laptop is not working at all. How can I get this working please?

post-117845-1351960294_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Screenshot taken with my phone because I can't use the printscreen function when it's frozen... It's at this exact point every time that the system freezes...

post-117845-1351960857_thumb.jpg

• Hi :)

In order to be able to properly identify the causes for the reported situation and find a solution we will need to investigate a bit deeper.

Please follow the steps below and send us the result:

a ) Go to this page

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx and download the autoruns file.

b ) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c ) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d ) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e ) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then send me a PM with it.

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply with a possible solution in the shortest time.

Have a nice day.

• Dear Christian,

PM sent with my autoruns file location, as requested. I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

CGW

• Hello :)

I will take a look on that long and get back to you over PM in a few minutes.

Thank you!

• Hello all - just to keep you informed of progress in case this all works out ok so that you can try the same if you run into the same problems as me...

---

At the last step, it was found that I had several security applications installed and so it was suggested I uninstall them, run the BD uninstall tool then attempt reinstallation... I replied with the following:

Hi Christian,

Did all that... Nothing has changed. Still the same total freeze at exactly the same point I'm afraid requiring a forced restart...

What do you suggest now?

I have now re-run the BD un-install tool again. In case it might be helpful, I've uploaded a new autoruns file (go to: http://******) and a photo of my computer in its frozen state (****).

I won't install *** antivirus for the time being and (therefore) won't use the computer until you get back to me...

Hope to hear back soon - this computer is out of action until you can help me install BD IS 2013...

• Hello Christian - Your last suggestion did not work. Can you please respond to my last PM? My laptop remains out of action whilst Bitdefender IS 2013 can not be installed. Chris

• CHRISTIAN - why are you not following up on the fact that your proposed solution did not work despite me PM'ing you (twice) and posting the lack of resolution here on the board? Please help! My laptop remains out of action whilst it has no security installed (as advised by you). I am awaiting your solution.

• Can anyone help me please? Or should I just give up...?

I can see leftovers from the old security solution and also the solution from Windows is active.

I will send you a PM with more details.

Thank you!

• Just in case it might be useful to others to track my progress with this headache of a problem... I just followed instructions to 1) remove further traces of a malware detection program and 2) stop Windows Defender from working... Alas, no improvement yet and hence my response as pasted below... I wonder if I'll still have to wait more than a week for any response at all...?

===

Hi Christian,

NEW AUTORUNS DOWNLOAD LINK: ***

Thank you for your eventual response. I did everything you asked with painstaking care to get everything absolutely correct and the installation STILL DOES NOT WORK.

The installation freezes at exactly the same timepoint and a forced restart is mandatory. Nothing has changed.

What do you recommend now?

As before, I have a link (http://www.sendspace.com/***) to the report that I have just generated with the Autoruns program.

PLEASE GET BACK TO ME MORE QUICKLY THIS TIME.

Sincerely,

Chris

• Hi :)

In order to be able to further investigate the reported situation we need a bit more information from your computer as follows:

. A BDSYS log;

[how to GENERATE A BDSYS LOG]

. Save and extract the BDSYS tool to a location of your choice:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge.../BDSysLog_i.exe

. Make sure you close all active applications and then run "BDSysLog_i.exe"; If you receive a firewall

alert,select to Allow the application to connect;

. Click the "Create log" button to start generating the

log; A progress bar is indicating that the tool is creating the report;

. When the small window appears with the message "Log

saved" then the report is complete and a new file named "bdsyslog.zip" has appeared on your Desktop;

. Upload that file on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

IMPORTANT:

.During this process the Real Time Protection in Bitdefender must be temporarily disabled;

.If you receive a Bitdefender Firewall alert to inform you that BDSysLog_i.exe tries to connect to the internet,then you need to select Allow;

[how to DISABLE THE ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION in Bitdefender 2012]

In order to disable the antivirus protection, please open Bitdefender and click the "Settings" button in the upper side part of the interface"; In the new window go to "Antivirus" > "Shield" tab and click on "ON" under On-access scanning. Select the time interval that suites your troubleshooting needs and click "OK". The On-access scanning should be enabled back after finishing the troubleshooting procedure.

[how to DISABLE THE ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION in Bitdefender 2013]

In order to disable the antivirus protection, please open Bitdefender and click the "Settings" button in the upper side part of the interface"; In the new window go to "Antivirus" > "Shield" tab and click on "ON" under On-access scanning. Select the time interval that suites your troubleshooting needs and click "OK". The On-access scanning should be enabled back after finishing the troubleshooting procedure.

We will get back to you as soon as the analysis is complete.

Have a nice day.

• Dear Christian,

Thank you for your reply. I have uploaded the BDSYSLOG.ZIP file as requested and look forward to your solution to this frustrating problem as soon as possible.

Regards,

Chris

• Hi Chris :)

I have received the PM.

I've sent your request to our lab. I'll keep you up to date.

Have a nice day.

• pat3d
    edited November 2012

sorry, I have posted on the wrong topic

• Hi Chris :)

I have received the PM.

I've sent your request to our lab. I'll keep you up to date.

Have a nice day.

Any news?!? This is taking a long time...

My colleagues from the Labs didn't find any traces of malware on that system, could you please check the temperatures for the CPU and HDD in BIOS?

The issue could be hardware related.

Thank you!

• Any news?!? This is taking a long time...

I was having the same freezing problem... while installing bitdefender internet security 2013 on my Toshiba Laptop. But Finally I solved this problem by my self. I think it will also help you.

Just open start menu. In search type Run. After You see the Run.. open it. The type in run "msconfig" and press OK. This will open System Configuration. Now Here select "Selective Startup" and then unmark load startup item. Then just go to "services" tab and there click "Hide all Microsoft service" in the bottom. This will hide all the Microsoft Service. Now un-mark all the services. Press Apply and Ok and Then Restart. After Your Computer restart just install the "BitDefender Internet Security 2013". I think it will install in your system perfectly now. Now again open start menu and type "run" in search. open the run type "msconfig". Open the System Configuration again. Now select Normal Startup. Press Ok and restart. Now all your start up program will run normally.

I Think it will help. :):rolleyes:

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012

Hello :)

What you did there is called a clean boot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Basically you disable all non-Microsoft services from the system to determine if the issue is caused by one of them.

Take care.

• Auf
    Auf
    edited September 2013

I have same issue on 2 of 3 computers.

Windows 7 64 bit and win8 laptop.

On win7 i did a rollback cus i thought it was related to me uninstalling another program (3 days rollback) that my computer and everything worked but bitdefender did a update and after that comp was slow as a snail, couldnt get on internet and i had to start it in failsafe mode to uninstall bitdefender.

On my laptop with win8 internet worked for about 5 min then the same issue, computer worked as sirup.

couldnt uninstall bitdefender at all but the uninstall tool on bitdefender site finally solved it.

XP worked but i uinstalled it there as a precoution.

Hope you can solve it.

I liked bitdefender but as im impatient and bad at english this is as much help i can offer so i installed another program.

• Hi Auf,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Please let me know if Bitdefender 2013 works OK now on all your computers. I need to know if you get the error message "Bitdefender services are not responding".

Thank you!