Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

For Christian - Serious Firewall Problem

Options

@ Christian

Having a serious problem with the IS2013 Firewall, and tried to send the message below THREE times as a PM, but apparently something is wrong with the PM system, because I hit send, yet there is no "Sent Messages" in my forum control panel.

I have run the Support Tool, and have it uploaded, but removed the link from public view.

Please contact me by my forum registered email, and I can send you the link.

====================================

Hi Christian,

The message below is copied from the Bitdefender Support Tool.

Here's a link to the file produced by the support tool (I shortened the filename to BDSP):

(Link removed from public post)

I'd appreciate a speedy solution to this matter, as I am losing money due to the situation.

Also, please let me know when you have the file so I can remove it from the server.

=============================================

Since installing Internet Security 2013, I CANNOT access ANY website,

even Bitdefender cannot access "My Bitdefender", unless I turn off the Firewall.

NO application rules have been added, everything is at "Factory Default".

If under "Manage Adapters I change "Stealth Mode" to OFF, I can access websites, HOWEVER,

if I then add a rule for anything, the rule is ignored, also, Paranoid Mode does not appear to work either.

I have not as yet had one single popup asking me if I want to allow "X" program to connect to the internet.

I also tried reverting back to Internet Security 2012, and suddenly, the Firewall on that ALSO no longer works!!!

Before I installed Internet Security 2013, there was not a problem with the Firewall.

And in fact, I installed IS 2013 on my Windows 7 Professional 32-bit Laptop, and it's working just fine.

Just on my Desktop here (Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, which is my work computer),

the Firewall refuses to recognise any added rules OR blocks EVERYTHING, including BitDefender itself.

I had no problem with the 2011 or the 2012 versions, but since I upgraded to 2013, as said, the Firewall is a no-go.

I checked the Virus Scanner using an archived file I have that is infected, and that works just fine,

the problem is Firewall-related only!

So now I have a work computer I cannot use to do my work, and therefore will lose money, so whatever the problem,

I need to have it fixed as soon as possible.

Chris M

Comments

• This IS the Support Forum is it not?

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

A product update was released. Your build should be 16.24.0.1682 (please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

After this, please right click on BitDefender icon from system tray(the "B" icon) and choose "Show". In the main window, click on "Settings". From the advanced interface, click on Firewall.

Now, click on General rules and set them all to Allow.

Close the window and reboot.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great day!