Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Resource Usage ?

Options

Hi

Am looking seriously at BD Internet security and Total Security

How heavy are these on resources ?

Does the computer slow down significantly ?

My platform:

Windows XP s/p 2

1 Gb RAM

Pentium 4 - 3 Ghz

Thanks

Comments

• Hi

My platform:

Windows XP s/p 2

1 Gb RAM

Pentium 4 - 3 Ghz

Thanks

No replies ?

maybe it is not heavy on resources at all ?

Please share your experience, regarding this, with me

Many thanks.

• No replies ?

maybe it is not heavy on resources at all ?

Please share your experience, regarding this, with me

Many thanks.

No interest ?

OK - Seeya

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello shot-bowl,

The resource usage is very subjective. Some users might say that it uses a lot of resources, some might say it uses very few.

Personally, I don't think it's very heavy on resources. But the easiest way to find out is to try it yourself. Download a trial version (it's free), install it, use it, and see if the resource usage suits your needs.

Cris.

• s4u
    Options

yep that's the best way to test. I can say it works very smooth but that doesn't have to mean it works for you

• Hi

My platform:

Windows XP s/p 2

1 Gb RAM

Pentium 4 - 3 Ghz

Thanks

I've had Norton for about five years and finally got sick of it taking three minutes to reboot so I installed the trial version of Bit Defender.

With Bit Defender I was able to load applications (Excel, Word etc) and get on the web in the same amount of time it took without any virus protection or firewall installed. But, I read up some more and decided to try Zone Alarm because of the kaspersky virus engine and Zone Alarm's firewall. Alas, I was back to my three minute startup time and for whatever reason, it took twice as long to load Excel and Word. Word went from 1 to 2 seconds and Excel from about 2-3 seconds to 5-6 seconds.

So, even though Zone Alarm's firewall and virus engine may put it above BD, and Norton is more thorough, I have decided to go with the two year subscription to BD because of the performance. The current 33% off deal helps too. Also, even the sites that ranked ZA and Kaspersky above Bit Defender, they were also quick to say that BD was as good or better in many respects as well. Many of the complaints were about the interface.

I would recommend just to install each's trial version and see if the applications you use work well with it.

Good luck!

• I've had Norton for about five years and finally got sick of it taking three minutes to reboot so I installed the trial version of Bit Defender.

With Bit Defender I was able to load applications (Excel, Word etc) and get on the web in the same amount of time it took without any virus protection or firewall installed. But, I read up some more and decided to try Zone Alarm because of the kaspersky virus engine and Zone Alarm's firewall. Alas, I was back to my three minute startup time and for whatever reason, it took twice as long to load Excel and Word. Word went from 1 to 2 seconds and Excel from about 2-3 seconds to 5-6 seconds.

So, even though Zone Alarm's firewall and virus engine may put it above BD, and Norton is more thorough, I have decided to go with the two year subscription to BD because of the performance. The current 33% off deal helps too. Also, even the sites that ranked ZA and Kaspersky above Bit Defender, they were also quick to say that BD was as good or better in many respects as well. Many of the complaints were about the interface.

I would recommend just to install each's trial version and see if the applications you use work well with it.

Good luck!

Thanks Mesaba for your time and effort - very much appreciated.

In fact, I bit the bullet, and bought BD Internet Security - three users for one year.

Like you - I am very happy - have already installed it on two PCs.

Good luck to you too !

• Thanks Mesaba for your time and effort - very much appreciated.

In fact, I bit the bullet, and bought BD Internet Security - three users for one year.

Like you - I am very happy - have already installed it on two PCs.

Good luck to you too !

Thanks, I think we'll all be happy with it unless we're running some application that nobody's ever heard of that randomly modifies the boot sector and registry registry and hits XXX sites on the internet. :)

Actually, as of this morning I realized that I have to go with the "Total Security" suite. I was going to get the cheaper one and just use my old Norton for backups, registry cleaning, etc. but I found out that I can't JUST install the Norton backup or utilities!?!?!?! Norton makes me install the whole 2007 suite including firewall and anti-virus!? Grrrr and aaahhrg! Oh well, it's only another $20 but still... Norton bugs me.

Good luck to you too! :)