Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Stealth Mode Not Functional

Options

From the Bitdefender Help

"Stealth Mode - whether you can be detected by other computers.

Stealth Mode is NO. Your computer is invisible from both the local network and the Internet."

But this is not in the real, the Stealth Mode is not functioning as mentioned in the Help and my Laptop is not "Stealth" at all. I have two laptops let call them A (ih which Bitdefender installed and Stealth Mode is ON) and B (Microsoft Security Essentials installed). Now the situation is that A can be seen and access from the Windows Network option of B. Also I can also access the A from run command from B e.g. "\\Computer name" or "\\IP Address". But I can't ping A from B using command "ping IP Address of A", however surprisingly, I can ping A from B using command "ping Computer Name".

A detailed clarification is needed about the Stealth Mode functioning.

Network Type: Home/Office

User Mode: Enable

Build: 16.24.0.1682

Also I want to know the exact difference between the Untrusted Network Type and Stealth Mode ON?

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

Does the following rules are related to Stealth Mode? And how do I configure them?

1) Any Incoming TCP stream

2) Any Incoming UDP stream

3) ICMP Reply(in)

Al also want to know how exactly the Stealth Mode is? A detailed reply is requested.

• I noticed yesterday that each time the computer boot_s or internet connection is enabled Stealth setting has to be re-applied for it to show up in the logs or the log says it's off. Another broken module after the recent updates.