Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitd Ts 2013 Compatibility With Bitd Win 8 Security

Options

Hi guys,

My name is Aiur on the internets I just moved to using Bitdefender as my primary source of protection against the masses of binary evil. While searching for answers for why Opera 12 would only work peoperly with Scan SSL turned off on my system I came across a new Bitdefender product. You guessed it. Bitdefender Windows 8 Security. The main question I want to ask is whether it is possible to install Them both on my system and be assured that they will not crash each other or if I have to uninstall the old one to go for the new one since I am now using Windows 8 Pro 64 bit. I would appreciate your expert contributions while I search for why my Opera only works properly without certificate error popups when opening any site only when I turn off Scan SSL.

Thanks in advance.

Aiur

Comments

• Paul.R
    Paul.R ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Aiur! :)

Welcome to our forum!

Opera has a more distinctive way to render, web pages are slowing down the process of scanning.

Have a nice day!

/sorry for my bad english

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

Hello :)

Not all webpages and/or services support SSL scanning. That's why on some pages you will see a certificate error.

With Opera, the situation is a little bit more special because of the rendering engine.

For those pages, please disable SSL scanning from the product.

Take care.

• Thank you for the replies. I have turned off Scan SSL on my BD TS2013 and everything works good on Opera. Could you also please tell me whether BD TS2013 will run in conjunction of BT Win 8 Security? Or do i have to choose between the two?

• rootkit
    Options

Both are standalone products and can not run together on the same system.

So you will have to choose one of them.

Have a great day!

• Ok thank you for the fast reply. I will check BD Win 8 Security out since i am running Windows 8

pro

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options

Great! Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Have a lovely day!