[resolved] Anti-spam Not Working With Thunderbird 17

The anti-spam toolbar stopped working since I upgraded to version 17 of Thunderbird. The toolbar is there but it won't activate.

Comments

• The anti-spam toolbar stopped working since I upgraded to version 17 of Thunderbird. The toolbar is there but it won't activate.

Same here, I tried activating it but nothing happens. I even tried to do a manual update for Bitdefender Internet Security then restarted still no luck.

Please tell the guys at Bitdefender to pull their act together!

• THIS IS THE WORST SUPPORT FORUM ON THE INTERNET!!! DAYS GO BACK WITH NO RESPONSE FROM THE TECH PEOPLE! SAD AND APPALLING SERVICE

• The anti-spam toolbar stopped working since I upgraded to version 17 of Thunderbird. The toolbar is there but it won't activate.

I too have exactly the same problem with Thunderbird v17 on a Vista home premium 32 bit machine since installing Bitdefender.

Otherwise seems to work well.

• I am VERY concerned to discover, after ditching McAfee and buying the top rated BitDefender that it does not appear to function with Thunderbird. I have been onto the live chat function and the BD support tool is now (apparently) working - progress bar has been unchanged for about half an hour, "executing tools".

But also, there seems to be a VERY limited set of tabs on my BD control panel - the word "options" appears in the help files, but is totally missing from any of the pages or stages of control that are available to me.

• Well, after uninstalling and going through installation again, the toolbar IS now available, Thunderbird having asked if it should be permitted.

But still have no OPTION tab anywhere in my control panels.

• Same here, I tried activating it but nothing happens. I even tried to do a manual update for Bitdefender Internet Security then restarted still no luck.

Please tell the guys at Bitdefender to pull their act together!

I couldn't agree more Barry..May go back to vipre

Tom

• I couldn't agree more Barry..May go back to vipre

Tom

So, Is Vipre support any better? Seems all the support people for antivirus stuff do not pay close attention to their forums and expect the users to discuss among themselves.

I know that Symantec really stinks for support unless you PAY more for additional/premium support. Then they are Top Notch!

• ttomm46
    edited January 2013
    So, Is Vipre support any better? Seems all the support people for antivirus stuff do not pay close attention to their forums and expect the users to discuss among themselves.

I know that Symantec really stinks for support unless you PAY more for additional/premium support. Then they are Top Notch!

Vipre support including virus removal is free..just call support..forget the vipre torums.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

This issue was resolved in build number 16.25.0.1710 :

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=169168

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.