Time Limits

Hi, just returned to bitdefender from kaspersky and the feature that I think you should implement is a time limit. I know bitdefender can restrict the times of day that a child can access the computer, but kaspersky went one step further and allows you to set a time limit as well, so for each day that a child can access the internet they are restricted to the amount of time they can use the computer and the amount of time they can access the internet so for example;

It can be set to restrict child 1 to 2 hours computer time but just 1 hour internet time within that 2 hours which can be used anytime between say 7am and 6pm.

this is absolutely invaluable when you have kids fighting over how long each other has been on the computer as the security software will automatically cut their internet access off after 1 hour and logs them off after 2 hours.

This to me is a must as when you have one kid with adhd/autistic tendancies trying to tell them that they have had their time when they think they haven't is a nightmare, and it helps prevent kids from squabbling as they can't have more time than the other one unless you change the allowances for different ages ie under 10 = 1hour of 10 = 2hours.

Apart from missing this feature Bitdefender is top notch.

Comments

• In my opinion, this is not a task for a security software anymore. There are loads of open source programs out there for this. smile2.png

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestions, they will be taken in consideration for future versions of Bitdefender.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.