Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I'm About To Buy Bd Total Security 2008 And Wonder ...

Options

This is my first post here. I'm about to buy BD Total Security 2008 and wonder if I'm doing the right thing.

I'm not upgrading from a previous BD version (I'm replacing ZoneAlarm), and I came here because of all the positive product reviews.

But I see many serious problems that are being posted here by users who've updated from version 10.

I understand that I'll have to uninstall ZoneAlarm and TrojanHunter, and at least turn off the various anti-spyware apps that I have now.

But is there anything else that may be helpful to me now?

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

Comments

• i suggest that you trial the product first. it may not work for you.

there are also utilities that you can install to ensure that all files and registry entries can be removed. i think that many users that have problems didn't remove all the previous AV remnants.

installwatch and total install are two programmes that take snapshot of your computer so that you can return the computer to the state it was before the installation. regmon monitors the registry, and filemon monitors the files.

• i suggest that you trial the product first. it may not work for you.

there are also utilities that you can install to ensure that all files and registry entries can be removed. i think that many users that have problems didn't remove all the previous AV remnants.

installwatch and total install are two programmes that take snapshot of your computer so that you can return the computer to the state it was before the installation. regmon monitors the registry, and filemon monitors the files.

ejames82:

Many thanks for your helpful suggestions.

You may want to know that (according to Microsoft) "Filemon and Regmon have been replaced by Process Monitor on versions of Windows starting with Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP2, Windows Server 2003 SP1, and Windows Vista. Filemon and Regmon remain for legacy operating system support, including Windows 9x."

Also, I can find installwatch on the web, but can't find "total install". Is it essentially the same as installwatch?

In any case, as you said, the key thing will be to get rid of all remnants of previous av apps. But do you know if I should do the same with all previous anti-spyware apps as well?

Thank you again!

bduser3