Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows Firewall

Options

HI I noticed my windows firewall is working should it still be on for private and public profile? Is Bitdefender using it? Thks

Comments

• ozziebear
    Options
    HI I noticed my windows firewall is working should it still be on for private and public profile? Is Bitdefender using it? Thks

Hi...No only ONE firewall should be on. You can use either Windows or Bitdefender. Its up to you. Running two firewalls increases the chance that neither one will work properly.

• ozziebear
    Options
    Hi...No only ONE firewall should be on. You can use either Windows or Bitdefender. Its up to you. Running two firewalls increases the chance that neither one will work properly.

Forgot to ask which product you had. Above answer applies to Internet Security and Total Security. Antivirus Plus does not include a firewall so you'll have to use Windows or a third party firewall.

• Thks I have Total security ,I just thought maybe bitdefender would turn windows firewall off ,but anyways i turned it off and kept Total Security firewall.

• ozziebear
    Options
    Thks I have Total security ,I just thought maybe bitdefender would turn windows firewall off ,but anyways i turned it off and kept Total Security firewall.

Yes it should have been turned off during the install. Always a good idea to double check those things just in case. Cheers.

• alexx69
    Options
    Thks I have Total security ,I just thought maybe bitdefender would turn windows firewall off ,but anyways i turned it off and kept Total Security firewall.

Hello villageidiot55,

Bitdefender would have to turned off automatically Windows Firewall.

For any case I suggest you to check the status of your Windows Firewall and it follows:

control panel<system and security<administrative tool<services<windows firewall and than check "startup type" status of your firewall, must to be "disabled".

If everything is OK there(or if you already done this), I think that your problem is probably not the critical and can be resolved with one restart (each time when it appear).

In case you have this problem often, repair your BDTS.

Regards.

• Ok Thks for reply I turned off evereything in firewall section but kept windows firewall enabled in services. I did this because if I completely disable windows firewall service I cannot download any apps in store in windows 8. If you have windows 8 try to disable windows firewall and download something in store ,you will receive an error. Maybe there is a fix for this or another way but I turned off everything like I said in windows firewall section.Thks Pls get back to me with any ideas you have.

• yes you have to have windows firewall to download apps updates other wise you get an error but if i were you i would turn of windows firewall after the updates have finished you wont get updates too often for apps and use bitdefender firewall thats what i do i just turn it on then off again its a bit annoying.

• Even downloading apps though will not work windows firewall in services must be set to automatic ,but turned off in private and public profile.

• Windows firewall is the most basic firewall out there. basically, this is just used when you first set up your computer with no security software yet. Once this is set up, then you can just go ahead and disable it. smile2.png

• What I am saying is it must be on automatic in services to download apps!!! Try it turn it to manual or disabled ain services and go to store and try to download an app.