Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2013 / Windows 8 / Wireless Card Desactivation Trouble

Options

Hello all,

I want to install Bit Defender Total Security 2013 on my new computer, an ASUS CM6330. The OS is Windows 8. I uninstalled the default anti-virus Trend Micro before installing Bit Defender.

But, after installation of BIt Defender, my wireless LAN card has a problem and I'm unable to connect on Wifi. The pilot of the wireless card is the latest. The wireless card is a Ralink.

On ethernet, no problem of course.

I don't understand what is the problem. I tried to desactive and active the card again, but no way.

I'm sure that the problem is due to Bit Defender.

Can you help me please ? What can i do ?

Thank a lot for your help.

Denis

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hi Denis :)

A product update was released. Your build should be 16.25.0.1710 (please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

After this, please right click on BitDefender icon from system tray(the "B" icon) and choose "Show". In the main window, click on "Settings". From the advanced interface, click on Firewall.

Now, click on General rules and set them all to Allow.

Close the window and reboot.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great day!