Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Yahelite False Positive

Options

This program is a 3rd party yahoo chat client that keeps being flagged. Generic.Malware.G!lFMHprngym!.c10c3825. It is not any form of malware no other antivirus seem to send this false positive i would appreciate if this could be taken care of.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=82" data-fileid="82" rel="">YahELiteFull.rar

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Removed.

The file should not be detected anymore at the next update.

• Removed.

The file should not be detected anymore at the next update.

Not so. I have Yahelite build 317 installed and I cannot update to build 322. This means I can't login using the new Yahoo verification feature. Additionally,BitDefender has removed the shortcuts from my desktop and the yahelite.exe file from the Program folder.

• Niels
    Options

Hello pixelsaurus

I am no virus researcher. You could take a look in the quarantine folder but that depends on what actions you have set BitDefender. In the meantime you can exclude the installation folder by doing this start BitDefender press on settings when you are in the BitDefender Security Center press on the exceptions tab and add the location. In previous versions you have to press on custom by the antivirus section. Exclude this path from scanning and add the location. I will contact a virus researcher.

Best regards

Niels

• I've removed detection from the last version available on the site. The problem is that this software uses YM tricks usually employed by malware, which triggers the heuristic detection (hence the name Generic.Malware.*).

• Just to add a note to may colleague's remark: the solution is (currently) to submit the new versions so that we can check the manually and remove the heuristic detection.

Best regards.

• Just to add a note to may colleague's remark: the solution is (currently) to submit the new versions so that we can check the manually and remove the heuristic detection.

Best regards.

I just tried to install version 325 and malware was (supposedly) found: Generic.Malware.G!FMHprngym!.19965FB5

I'll try installing with Bitdefender closed and then exclude the folder. Just thought you might like to know.

• Hello pixelsaurus

I am no virus researcher. You could take a look in the quarantine folder but that depends on what actions you have set BitDefender. In the meantime you can exclude the installation folder by doing this start BitDefender press on settings when you are in the BitDefender Security Center press on the exceptions tab and add the location. In previous versions you have to press on custom by the antivirus section. Exclude this path from scanning and add the location. I will contact a virus researcher.

Best regards

Niels

I'm using Antivirus v10, and I don't see anywhere to enter a folder. When I click on Custom in the General / Status tab, which apparently governs the real time protection, there is no place to enter a folder. Under Settings there is no Security Center. Is this version not capable of customizing that way?

• Niels
    Options

Dear RWade,

If you want to exclude it from the on-access scanner click on the shield tab once you are in the antivirus section press on custom level.Press on the +-icon before the option called exclude path from scan there you can add folders not to be scanned. You will see new item double click on that now you can add locations. Security Center is only available for the 2008 products (version 11).

Best regards

Niels

• cjeff
    edited July 2008
    Options

The latest update of Bitdefender has again blocked Yahelite from use and quarantined it. I've tried excluding the folder and the file for access and on demand scanning to no avail. Is there some way to exclude it in this latest release?

Thanks

Jeff

Dear RWade,

If you want to exclude it from the on-access scanner click on the shield tab once you are in the antivirus section press on custom level.Press on the +-icon before the option called exclude path from scan there you can add folders not to be scanned. You will see new item double click on that now you can add locations. Security Center is only available for the 2008 products (version 11).

Best regards

Niels

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2008
    Options

Topic moved !

Wait for one of the guys from the LAB to see this topic ;)

• alexcrist
    Options

The file attached in the first post is not detected by BD.

Either detection has already been removed, either you are using a different version of Yahelite. If you still get an alarm from BD, please attach the detected file in a password protected archive.

Cris.

• cjeff
    Options

Here is the upload of the Yahelite file. Yahelite as the password. Thanks

The file attached in the first post is not detected by BD.

Either detection has already been removed, either you are using a different version of Yahelite. If you still get an alarm from BD, please attach the detected file in a password protected archive.

Cris.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=2454" data-fileid="2454" rel="">YahELite.zip

• Unknown
    Options

Detection will be removed. Thank you.