Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Program Conflict With Dvdfab V8 Or V9

Options

Not sure where to post this, because I am not sure which module is creating the issue. DVDFab is for backing up DVD/Blu Ray discs, so you can save the originals and beat up on the backups instead...However, since installing Bitdefender Internet Security 2013, I can rip the movie to the HDD, but if I want to shrink it down to burn back to a BD25, Bitdefender won't let the program get any more than 15% into the shrink, before DVDFab stops working. Have done this about a dozen times with the same result. Only solution was to uninstall Bitdefender...then DVDFab works fine. The makers of the program are aware of this issue, seems that many others are having the same problems, whether with Win 7 or Win 8. They are trying in the labs to figure out why, but cannot. So until then, I have BD on two machines and my third machine is back to my Kaspersky IS 2013 license until it runs out. I am hoping someone can shed some light...

Thanks

Comments

• Posted about a month ago, that BD 2013 wouldn't let DVDFab 8 or 9 function on my desktop. On my laptop, it blocked downloading from a server, where I get data from clients. Even once I put the program called "Extender" in the trusted category it wouldn't let me download the data. Blocks other programs from proper function as well. Many of my business apps are customed by a company called RCS (Radio Computing Systems). Extender is a program that lets me download music information for numerous client stations. Once Extender and GSelector were effected, I no longer had use for BD. I cannot believe how intrusive this software is. Had to go back to Kaspersky in order to restore functionality to effected programs...Wow!

• Absolutely amazing the quality of responses one gets on this board! Back to Kaspersky for me.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry to hear about not being able to solve this issue in a timely and hassle free way. You have all our attention if you wish to give our product another chance. We can try to investigate what is happening on your computer and how Bitdefender can be set up in order to respond to your needs.

• Sorry to hear about not being able to solve this issue in a timely and hassle free way. You have all our attention if you wish to give our product another chance. We can try to investigate what is happening on your computer and how Bitdefender can be set up in order to respond to your needs.

I cannot believe that it took over three months for someone to respond to my original question. I am not the only person using DVDFab 9 having these issues. The only way I was able to get the program functional again was to remove Bitdefender and purchase Kaspersky. Kaspersky has it's own demons and causes other issues...odd thing...I can disable K and use the programs and then re-enable. Never had that option with Bidtefender. I have used Bitdefender on and off for over five years with different licenses...but what really took the "cake" for me was being ignored for over three months.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options

Hello,

If you are willing to reconsider our products, I will kindly ask you to follow the steps from this pinned topic to reinstall Bitdefender.

Then, please let me know if the DVDFab issue still persists with the latest Bitdefender build version 16.28.0.1763 .

(Right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter!

• i have version 16.30.0.1843 and dvdfab 9 still does not work did what u said to do uninstalled and reinstalled it can u help me i have 3 years of bit defender and know it is the best out their thanks John

• bobmitch
    edited June 2013
    Options
    i have version 16.30.0.1843 and dvdfab 9 still does not work did what u said to do uninstalled and reinstalled it can u help me i have 3 years of bit defender and know it is the best out their thanks John

Let's see John...took me three months to get a response. You posted two weeks ago...Hmmm! The only solution I found was to uninstall Bitdefender and go with Kaspersky...worked for me! I hope they can find a solution for you...

I still have Bitdefender on two of my machines...just not the one with DVDFab

• Let's see John...took me three months to get a response. You posted two weeks ago...Hmmm! The only solution I found was to uninstall Bitdefender and go with Kaspersky...worked for me! I hope they can find a solution for you...

I still have Bitdefender on two of my machines...just not the one with DVDFab

I wanted to bump this to see if John had ever received a solution to the problem...

July is ending and I still see no post to help me or John...

Georgia????

• Hello all , Bumping this thread, i too have this issue with DVD Fab 9 running bit defender I.S. 2013. all my backup jobs hang at 24%. i just bought bit defender less than a month ago , and now this. i have uninstalled and re-installed both software applications with no change.

when i was running Microsoft's free av i diddn't have this issue, anyone have a fix to this? :wacko:

WTF Bit Defender ??????

• jamesec78
    edited September 2013
    Options

I realized i diddnt post my config.

Intel i7 cpu

12GB ram

1TB wd black

Gigabyte 2GB ddr5 graphics card

Windows 7 x64, fully patched

Bit defender internet security 2013

Dvd fab 9.0.5.5 (also happens on 9.0.6)

Lg bdrw 12x

Putting bit defender in game mode has no impact.

Suspending bit defender has no impact.

• I wanted to bump this to see if John had ever received a solution to the problem...

July is ending and I still see no post to help me or John...

Georgia????

Hi everyone, i think i have a fix for this.

1. double click the bitdefender tray icon

2. click the gear icon button on the antivirus section

3. select the exclusions tab

4. turn on exclusions ( switch button top right)

5. click ( excluded files and folders)

6. add the following from the "c:\program files (x86)\dvdfab 9\" directory ( bdr.exe , bdrloader.exe , dvdfab.exe , fabcheck.exe , fabcore.exe , fabreport.exe , fabregop.exe , filemover.exe )

7. add an exclusion for your file destination folder

8 save / ok

9 restart windows

- enjoy ;-)

post-158557-1380887861_thumb.png