Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Ad-aware Preventing Bitdefender Install

Options
jackmroz
edited December 2012 in Installation

I purchased Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 on line from Herman Street. When I attempt to install it I keep getting a pop-up stating 'Bitdefender can not automatically delete Ad-aware'. They recommend that I manually uninstall Ad-aware myself. I have tried every means of locating ANY files of Ad-aware in my computer. I did a full computer scan which revealed four Ad-aware files which I highlighted and hit the delete button. I then did a full computer scan which showed no Ad-aware files. I then rebooted my computer before trying to install the antivirus software again. Up pushing the Bitdefender install button that darn pop-up showed up again. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to clear this pop-up and install my antivirus???[/size]

Comments

• I purchased Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 on line from Herman Street. When I attempt to install it I keep getting a pop-up stating 'Bitdefender can not automatically delete Ad-aware'. They recommend that I manually uninstall Ad-aware myself. I have tried every means of locating ANY files of Ad-aware in my computer. I did a full computer scan which revealed four Ad-aware files which I highlighted and hit the delete button. I then did a full computer scan which showed no Ad-aware files. I then rebooted my computer before trying to install the antivirus software again. Up pushing the Bitdefender install button that darn pop-up showed up again. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to clear this pop-up and install my antivirus???[/size]

dont dream about getting a reply here.

Bitdefender is the best antivirus/internet security suite but has the worst customer support among any products

you're on your own to figure it out

• dont dream about getting a reply here.

Bitdefender is the best antivirus/internet security suite but has the worst customer support among any products

you're on your own to figure it out

Gees, thanks for the let down. Hopefully some other member will have an answer...

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options

Hi

Method 1

Try any Portable Antivirus Tools.

Method 2

You can try Malwarebytes Antimalware with their Chameleon Technology.

Method 3

Use the Antivirus Rescue CD for cleaning the severely infected systems with viruses. Make them boot-able either on CD or USB and boot from it and follow the onscreen instructions. Hopefully you'll be able to install Antivirus successfully without re-installing the Windows.

Method 4

If you are failed to download the above said tools for malware removal, then take out HDD and scan it thoroughly from another clean system having properly configured and fully updated Antivirus by attaching it as using USB to IDE/SATA converter or in Master/Slave Configuration (if IDE, i.e. clean PC HDD as Master and infected PC HDD as Slave) or attach to other SATA ports available (if SATA i.e. if clean PC HDD is on SATA 0, then attach infected HDD on SATA 1 or 2 etc.). Also verify Drive Configuration settings from BIOS whether the HDD (Primary or Secondary) and SATA Controllers are enabled or not.

Method 5

If you are unable to download above said tools for malware removal on the infected system, then try to download the tools on the clean system, then copy them to USB Stick and execute them from it on the infected system in order to scan and clean the system from malware.

If you still need any help regarding this, kindly let me know via PM. I'll provide you the link of the required tools and guide you further. But hopefully you will get better response from Technical Support on this forum, if they bother to reply soon.

• I purchased Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 on line from Herman Street. When I attempt to install it I keep getting a pop-up stating 'Bitdefender can not automatically delete Ad-aware'. They recommend that I manually uninstall Ad-aware myself. I have tried every means of locating ANY files of Ad-aware in my computer. I did a full computer scan which revealed four Ad-aware files which I highlighted and hit the delete button. I then did a full computer scan which showed no Ad-aware files. I then rebooted my computer before trying to install the antivirus software again. Up pushing the Bitdefender install button that darn pop-up showed up again. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to clear this pop-up and install my antivirus???[/size]

Was Ad-aware removed only by manually removing Ad-aware files? If so, there would still be all the associated Registry entries left behind. If Ad-aware wasn't removed via Add/Remove Programs (or its own uninstaller shortcut), then it might be best to reinstall it and then remove it using one of these methods. This would remove Registry entries as well as files. It could be these entries that Bitdefender is finding and objecting to.

Even when removing programs via Add/Remove Programs or an uninstaller shortcut, there can still be leftover Registry entries from the uninstalled program. These sometimes need searching for and removing.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi jackmroz

Does your issue fixed or not?

• coolcool1227
    Options

@jackmroz: Problem fixed or not?

• Georgia
    Options

Hi jackmroz, did you manage to install Bitdefender? :)