Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Free Upgarde To 2013 For Windows 8

Options

I purchased Bitdefender 2012. I have a PC that has Windows 8 on it and Bitdefender 2012 won't install on it. I see that I can get a free upgrade to the 2013 version and I downloaded and installed it. The problem is that I cannot activate the 2013 version on my Windows 8 machine. The license key that I have for 2012 won't work and I can't install the 2012 version first to have the machine 'remember' it.

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hi Scott, and welcome :)

Unfortunately, BD 2012 is not compatible with Windows 8, so we'll want to forgo trying to install that version: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=169578

Do you have the 2013 version installed as of now, and which version of Bitdefender do you have, AV+, Suite, Total Security?

Could you explain how it is not activating, do you get an error message when you try registering your license key?

I'm not sure if part of the MyBitdefender site being under maintenance is an issue, or if it's just a glitch with your activation.

The information you provide, could help us to know what direction to head :)

Thanks,

Columbo

• columbo
    Options

Forgot to mention, that there is no need to install the 2012 version you purchased for Bitdefender to remember your key, as the same key is used for the 2013 version. Since the 2013 upgrade is free, Bitdefender goes by number of license used, and not the version year, so no worries there :)

• Thanks Columbo! It was a 'stupid' on my part. I had installed the Total Security version but had the license for Internet Security. After I uninstalled Total Security and installed Internet Security 2003 it accepted my Reg. key.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited January 2013
    Options

You're welcome, Scott. Glad you got it figured out and are up and running :)

If we were all as honest as you concerning things we've overlooked or have done in our PCing experiences, the stories we could tell, including myself ;)

Thanks for getting back to us,

Columbo (Scott)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options

Hello :)

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Take care.