Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows Cannot Find Seccenter

Options

Hi hope you can help, on installing Bidefender total security 2013 i get the message 'Windows cannot find C:\Programfiles\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2013\seccenter.exe' also

Windows pops up a dialogue box every 20 or 30 seconds saying Bitdefender Parental Service has encountered a problem and needs to close.I can't access Bitdefender, the rest of my pc

isn't very good either. I have a retail 3 pc version of Bitdefender, original install from disc then tried repair install, then download install, same problem each time, had to use System

restore to get my pc back to normal. Im running Windows XP home with no other security software.

Have Bitdefender installed on a Windows 7 pc , no install problems .

Looking forward to your advice

Carlo

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi Carlo58, and welcome :)

Just to make sure, could you confirm your XP machine meets the requirements for Total Security (see left side of web page, System Requirements) just to cover the basic bases. http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/total-security.html

Thank you,

Columbo

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

Possible cause is that since the Parental Control is now Web Based i.e. access/configure from the "MyBitdefender.com" which is under going maintenance. Another try is to repair Bitdefender installation with disconnected internet connection. Also tell us if you have installed standalone Parental Control product by Bitdefender?

• capezz58@gmail.com
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Hi Carlo58, and welcome :)

Just to make sure, could you confirm your XP machine meets the requirements for Total Security (see left side of web page, System Requirements) just to cover the basic bases. http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/total-security.html

Thank you,

Columbo

Machine spec is P4 3.4Ghz, 2Gb Ram , 72Gb free hard disc space, Windows XP 32 bit SP3, a point to note is the machine was running Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 with no problems, when the license expired i decided to install Total Security 2013.

Also i forgot to mention during installation that a dialogue box appears saying 'Settup cannot copy file WdfCoinstaller01009.dll'

sorry about that, tried to install again, i paid attention this time during install.

Thanks Carlo58

• Possible cause is that since the Parental Control is now Web Based i.e. access/configure from the "MyBitdefender.com" which is under going maintenance. Another try is to repair Bitdefender installation with disconnected internet connection. Also tell us if you have installed standalone Parental Control product by Bitdefender?

Have not installed standalone Parental control. Tried repair with internet off, unfortunately that didnt work, Thanks for the advice

Any further thoughts would be appreciated.

Carlo58

• Georgia
    Options

Hello Carlo58, Parental Control is also one of the features included in Bitdefender Total Security 2013.

Have you contacted us via email in regards to this issue? Please post your ticket ID.

Thank you! :)