Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Remove Previous Antivirus Traces And Re-installation Of Bitdefender

Options
coolcool1227
coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in Installation

1) Thoroughly uninstall any Antivirus from its official uninstall tool from here

Uninstall Tools Links For Antivirus Softwares

2) Perform the procedure for Novice or Advanced user according to your skill level to remove all the remnants and traces of previously installed Security Software from here

How To Completely Uninstall Bitdefender, Detailed Procedure

3) Disconnect your system from internet and then try to install Bitdefender with offline installer, just ignore when it asks to check for the newest version/updates. After successful installation, you can enable the internet connection and update your product.

The installer type (32 or 64 bits) should be according to the Windows (32 or 64 bits) installed.....means 32 bit installer for 32 bit Windows and so on.

Bitdefender Offline Installation kits

Bitdefender 2011 Version

Bitdefender 2012 Version

Bitdefender 2013 Version

I'll appreciate if anyone suggest further precious instructions and tools regarding the subject.

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited January 2013
    Options

Good job, ONT, I had been thinking of making one myself :)

• coolcool1227
    Options

If the Uninstall Tool failed to uninstall the Antivirus in Normal Mode, then boot your system in Safe Mode and then use the uninstall tool again.

• columbo
    Options

If I create my own version, ONT, please don't feel offended if I don't use yours (except some of your excellent stand alone link/helps) as I like to make my posts, feel more like my own, with my own style ^_^

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    If I create my own version, ONT, please don't feel offended if I don't use yours (except some of your excellent stand alone link/helps) as I like to make my posts, feel more like my own, with my own style ^_^

My friend I don't feel offended if you didn't use my links. You have your own experience and knowledge which you can share. I think you post this because of my comments here Feature Creep. I always appreciate if someone finds a mistake in my posts and rectify it or he/she wants to argue on what I said. I simply share my own experience sometimes comparatives. I appreciate your polite way of posting and giving informative replies on this forum. :)

• columbo
    columbo
    edited January 2013
    Options
    My friend I don't feel offended if you didn't use my links. You have your own experience and knowledge which you can share. I think you post this because of my comments here Feature Creep. I always appreciate if someone finds a mistake in my posts and rectify it or he/she wants to argue on what I said. I simply share my own experience sometimes comparatives. I appreciate your polite way of posting and giving informative replies on this forum. :)

Thank you for that sensitivity, my friend, and for your thoughtful follow up words :) There really are some excellent members here, we have a good core of them right now :) I may have been a little annoyed in how you edited my post in that thread, as to me, it came across a little differently than I had intended, but that was shortly lived, and is over ^_^

My reason for posting the above post #4, was in looking at your nice work, thought some steps could be confusing to those using this resource, as was the case in this thread and post: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=41018

How can i disconnect from the internet yet still use the download links to reinstall Bitdefender?

It was later followed up by:

I tried all the removal tools, c cleaner, i downloaded but not used Argente as i am not experienced and did not want to delete all the items as tehre were a lot and not sure which to select........

Also, my reason for my post #4 (let alone I've been thinking of doing something like you did here) is that I like start off with the Novice style of approach with fewer options, as to keep any possible confusion down, and if needed, we have your excellent more advanced resource and approach to helpfully resolve an install/uninstall issues. It was nothing more than that :) I will be keeping my version on my desktop on a Word/Wordpad document, and just copy and paste as need, in which I can make minor changes as needed due to the situation with the posters issues and needs. So it will not be posted on the forum.

May I make a suggestion, and that is to clarify the the download sequence, and then to copy and paste your changes and start a new thread in this sub forum. You can keep the same Topic name as you have with this thread, but maybe in the Topic description, type "amended". After posting it, "reply" to your post, and simply say something like, "any comments or discussion will continue over here", and link to this version of your topic. That way when the members here, including myself, want to link to your helpful resource, it will be to a nice clean link, without any distracting posts following it (like here) Just a thought :)

Kind regards in every way :)

Scott

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi Columbo

Actually I post here the procedure only and the required tools. For issues regarding to the installation/uninstallation/reinstalltion etc it is better to post the separate threads. I invite everyone to post here more tools and detail regarding the subject.

• columbo
    Options

Yes, but after you get it to where you want it, may consider posting it again? in case it gets pinned, would be a cleaner looking link ^_^

• coolcool1227
    Options

If anyone also wants to remove the "Registration" detail of Bitdefender then execute the tool named "Patch-SetID-Cleaner" . The tool and its information (in French) can be found here

Patch-SetID-Cleaner

Although the tool is in French, but it will work for English version as well. I verified this at my end.

• coolcool1227
    Options
    Yes, but after you get it to where you want it, may consider posting it again? in case it gets pinned, would be a cleaner looking link ^_^

Only Christian can do this, if he like this topic. :rolleyes::)

• coolcool1227
    Options

On failed installations extract Bitdefender offline setup by right clicking on that. You may need some compression software for that. Locate and execute the file "installerpackage.exe". This will create new file having the name "installer.exe", locate it and execute it with Administrative rights and follow on-screen instructions.

This method may help you in installing Bitdefender in the situation in which the system was already badly infected by viruses and Antivirus failed to install in a normal way and setup closes automatically during extraction.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options

Hello :)

Actually is better to run the setupdownloader.exe if you unpack the kit. This will also download the latest build from our servers.

Since these instructions are generic, we should keep this topic in this state.

For specific installation issues, please open a new topic on this are.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.