Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Uninstallation Probs

Options

Hi,

I am having lot of trouble uninstalling the BD Total security 2013,as i had to delete it because google chrome,for some reason,wasnt working when BD security was On.Now i am neither able to reinstall nor uninstall it.I am just feeling stuck and helpless.I have also gone through Christian's new uninstall software exclusively for 2013 version,tried it but in vain.Kindly contact me ASAP and save me from this dismay.

Control Panel doesn't show BD icon,C drive>Program Files still has got 155 Mb of files i cant delete.Those remaining stuck up files are not even allowing me to install it 2nd time.The message "this cant be installed on your system" (somthng like that) pops up..Or is there a different uninstall software that works in India..Please do help !!!

Herewith i am attaching the post-125824-1357441826_thumb.png that gives the status of my uninstall software.

Thanks.

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi Sujit02, and welcome :)

Let's see if what I have to offer can help. If you don't have CCleaner, please download the free version and run it in Registry mode, only deleting any leftover Bitdefender keys. Than also run it in Cleaner mode, then restart your PC.

Now look for any leftover BD files in Program Files, and also, Users/your pc name/Application Data/Roaming and see if there is a file there, and delete them. Re- download and re-run the 2013 Uninstall tool to see if it will finish, restart your PC, and hopefully it will be cleanly uninstalled.

Let us know if you get a clean uninstall, and we can go from there. If needed, after running CCleaner, you could delete the Files in Safe Mode, but I have yet had to go to that extreme, but I mention it just in case.

Kind regards,

Columbo

• columbo
    columbo
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hi Sujit02 :)

We can talk about reinstalling Bitdefender, after we hopefully get it cleanly uninstalled.

Columbo

• Georgia
    Options

Hello Sujit02, does the issue persist?

Did you contact us via email? I just checked the email address used for this forum account and I couldn't find a ticket in the system.

Please post back and let me know, thank you! :)