Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

A Problem With My Bd Components Disable Randomly

Options
Hi All,

i have a problem with my purchased bitdefender 2013

"On-access scanning is disabled"

& when trying to start it ,it fails :(

this is a screenshot of the problem:
4EcM1.png

here is the log of "bd support tool" uploaded to mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wdy33d0n5r8u63y

i have win8 , and also on win7 i have encountered this problem many times :( "only with version 2013"

-------

another problem i have with 2013's version is :

form time to time i notice that some of bd 2013 components are disabled !! (ex: auto-update ,antivirus,anti-spam) & i have to re-Enable them manually :(

in fact version 2013 suffer from many problems unlike version 2011 i love it ,its very very very very very very very stable & i hope bd make it compatible with windows 8

sorry for my English its not my first language

i hope you help

thank you

Comments

• Hi All,

i have a problem with my purchased bitdefender 2013

"On-access scanning is disabled"

& when trying to start it ,it fails :(

this is a screenshot of the problem:

4EcM1.png

here is the log of "bd support tool" uploaded to mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wdy33d0n5r8u63y

i have win8 , and also on win7 i have encountered this problem many times :( "only with version 2013"

-------

another problem i have with 2013's version is :

form time to time i notice that some of bd 2013 components are disabled !! (ex: auto-update ,antivirus,anti-spam) & i have to re-Enable them manually :(

in fact version 2013 suffer from many problems unlike version 2011 i love it ,its very very very very very very very stable & i hope bd make it compatible with windows 8

sorry for my English its not my first language

i hope you help

thank you

no support? :(

• no support? :(

Very little and not timely at all...

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options

Hello Adel92,

I got the Windows 8 logs, which show that you used a very old kit (16.16.0.1348) to install Bitdefender Internet Security 2013. Also, the 'On-access scanning' alert is just a display issue there, as all the drivers, processes and services are running correctly on that machine. Reinstalling the product with the latest kit should solve the issue - in case you are still dealing with it.

Here's how to proceed:

1. Run this uninstall tool to remove the current Bitdefender installation. The removal process may take a few minutes, so please be patient until you are prompted to reboot. Restart Windows.

2. Save on the PC this installation kit for Bitdefender Internet Security 2013. Run it to begin the installation.

I also see that Windows 8 is running on a laptop which switches to laptop mode to minimize Bitdefender's impact on power consumption while the device is running on battery. When Bitdefender operates in Laptop Mode, the Autopilot, the Autoscan, Auto Update and Auto Sync features are turned off, as they require more system resources and, implicitly, increase power consumption. Bitdefender exits Laptop Mode when it detects the laptop is no longer running on battery. However, if you wish to keep all these Bitdefender features always enabled you can turn OFF automatic laptop mode from Settings > General > General tab > turn OFF automatic laptop mode by clicking the corresponding switch.

I am here should you need further assistance.