Sandbox In Bitdefender Windows 8 Security.

I'm trying to learn more about the sandbox in BitDefender Windows 8 Security AV. I've noticed that the sandbox is working with Firefox but not with Internet Explorer 10. Am I correct?

Also, Sandboxie creates a separate, "sandboxed" folder on the computer. Where is the BD sandbox folder on my computer?

http://betanews.com/2012/09/12/bitdefender...x-on-windows-8/

"Build 16.20.0.1483’s notable fixes include ensuring the Sandbox works in Windows 8, adding a separate folder for backed up files disinfected by the product"

How are the cookies, flash cookies or any downloads removed? Shredded?

Can I just always open sandboxed by BD AV Firefox without clicking on a small dragger?

Can I see what programs are running in the sandbox, like I can see them in the Sandboxie window?

What the sandbox do with the downloaded files?

Where could I get more info about the BD Sandbox?

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello indie,

Please let me know if the issue perists with the latest build version 16.28.0.1763 (right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

About the Sandbox feature: it offers a virtualized environment for browsing web pages with untrusted content and running untrusted downloaded applications. Sandbox is accessed only from the Traffic Light toolbar in the supported browsers (Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera, IE).

For the virtualized instances of the browser, a folder is created in c:\windows\temp\bdsandbox that mimics the content of the system drive. All the interactions that the browser would have with the system are hooked and redirected to this location (file read/write, registry read/write, running downloaded applications).

Please post back if you have other questions.

• @ Georgia

How cleaned folder sandbox?

• Sandbox mode does not work with Modern UI version of Internet Explorer. In fact there are many things that does not work with BD Win8 Security on Windows 8! Isn't that weird?? <_<

• Sandbox mode does not work with Modern UI version of Internet Explorer. In fact there are many things that does not work with BD Win8 Security on Windows 8! Isn't that weird?? <_<

Windows 8 MUI is still pretty worthless for general use on a desktop. The big problem and it is a big problem is that there are still way too many very good desktop apps that are not available in Windows Store. On top of that getting around in Windows Store to find an app is a pain in the butt. On top of that you can't categorized apps in on the MUI Start Page.

As far as the desktop goes I have not noticed any BD W8 Security features not working. Maybe you can help me out and mention a few features in BD W8 Security that don't work from the desktop. Thanks :mellow:

• columbo
    columbo
    edited April 2013
    -----------------

-----------------

As far as the desktop goes I have not noticed any BD W8 Security features not working. Maybe you can help me out and mention a few features in BD W8 Security that don't work from the desktop. Thanks :mellow:

I'd have to agree, of all the versions/combinations, Bitdefender W8 on Windows 8 desktop has been pretty solid. Settings staying, and Sandbox working very well. Maybe an occasional port scan, but other than that, it's been my favorite working version. (I do like the 2013 UI better though ^_^)