Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Real-time Protection Is Unavailable!

Options

I've had BitDefender Total Security 2008 installed on my computer for about a week now and all of a sudden it said that Real-time protection is not available anymore. I checked the advanced settings but it wouldn't allow me to enable it again. I still have quite some time before this product expires so I have absolutely no idea what the problem is. I also tried the fix all issues button but it wouldn't work. Please let me know how to fix this as soon as possible because my system isn't secure without it! By the way I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit Operating System.

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello Quick Mode,

Sometimes, the protection gets disabled after a Product Update (not after a Signature Update!). The fix is restarting your system, so that BD can load the new files.

Cris.

• It's recommended that you check the Status of your antivirus from time to time. Also if you know you had that problem with the scan server you should check it after every update and see when this is happening.

• Hello, I have just had the same thing happen to both my laptop system and my desktop. It started yesterday. All I get is a notification that "Real-time protection is unavailable" and I have no way to enable it. Everything is grayed out and I've rebooted both computers numerous times. Any other thoughts on what could be happening?

Thanks,

• TheHeartSmasher
    edited February 2008
    Options
    Hello, I have just had the same thing happen to both my laptop system and my desktop. It started yesterday. All I get is a notification that "Real-time protection is unavailable" and I have no way to enable it. Everything is grayed out and I've rebooted both computers numerous times. Any other thoughts on what could be happening?

Thanks,

Same thing happens from time to time. I would hope Bitdefender would add a system check that the user can use to get the details on why something is not running.

Example firewall/antivirus is disabled

-Reason

-Press this to fix the problem (Downloads and overwrites original files if needed from bitdefender servers)

As from time to time everything would be disabled and the only way to fix the problem was to reformat, as using the guides from the support section were unsuccessful.

It appears that all antivirus products have this problem though. No fully detailed diagnostics for the user to troubleshoot what the real problem might be.

• Same thing happens from time to time. I would hope Bitdefender would add a system check that the user can use to get the details on why something is not running.

Example firewall/antivirus is disabled

-Reason

-Press this to fix the problem (Downloads and overwrites original files if needed from bitdefender servers)

As from time to time everything would be disabled and the only way to fix the problem was to reformat, as using the guides from the support section were unsuccessful.

It appears that all antivirus products have this problem though. No fully detailed diagnostics for the user to troubleshoot what the real problem might be.

The same thing has happened to me a few times -- I took the advice and ran the update and upon restarting my laptop worked fine, but now it's been a few days and the same thing has happened again. I tried restarting this time, but that didn't do anything, and when I run update, it just stays at 0%, and I can get real-time protection running? I running windows vista (32 bit) -- any thoughts besides reinstalling for probably the 3rd time?

• Hello Quick Mode,

Sometimes, the protection gets disabled after a Product Update (not after a Signature Update!). The fix is restarting your system, so that BD can load the new files.

Cris.

This has happened to me as well and restarting multiple time has not helped. I have used BitDefender for years on XP machines without issue. If this isn't addressed and fixed soon I will have to abandon BitDefender on Vista.

• Same Problem mine says

Failed to intialize Bitdefender Firewall drivers

firewall diabled

Also my real time protection is diabled ands greyed i have uninstalled restarted and reinstalled twice both of my Boxes File zone and net zone are X'ed out

I am running on a Windows Vista home with media center 32bit

• I am having a similar problem as other posters in this thread. I have BitDefender AV 2008 installed on my system; I upgraded to this version when I built my new system and changed my OS to Vista Ultimate 64. It has been working fine for over 2 months but today BitDefender downloaded and installed an update. Now the BitDefender services will not start - error message showing is "BitDefender Services are not responding.If the problem persists please contact BitDefender support." Real time protection is disabled and trying to fix the issue by clicking on the "fix" button does nothing. I have checked the support database and find nothing about this problem. I also can not log onto my BitDefender account - when I try to go to https://myaccount.bitdefender.com/site/MyAccount, the server times out. Like others here, I have rebooted my system several times to no avail. :(

This is pretty frustrating as there have been no previous problems with this version of BitDefender AV or with my other versions that I used with Windows XP Pro.

Are you saying that in order to fix the problem we will have to format the hard drive?? :blink: That seems pretty extreme, so I hope I am misinterpreting what you wrote! I would hope that BitDefender support could give us a fix, not make us format and re-install everything. Might as well use Norton AV if we really want to screw up our systems! :rolleyes:

Holly

• TheHeartSmasher
    edited February 2008
    Options

Last time I used Norton was 5+ years ago after it turned my system into slow moving paperweight.

For Bitdefender Total Security, I used their uninstall tool (I have backups of everything so total system failures and crashes, etc. are not a problem for me) and it uninstalled successfully, then I restarted and reinstalled. Upon reinstallation they were still not working, I never recieved anything back from bitdefender staff on the problem. Not a problem for me as I reformatted and I was back up and running thanks to Acronis TrueImage Workstation Echo.

Hopefully we will see some sort of self healing for the Bitdefender products and a way for Bitdefender to protect itself from being modified. Or if there was a legitmate update instead of these critical things being disabled (all antivirus programs disable these things after an update or they lose some sort of functionality) that it would still work without having to restart the machine.

Or if all else fails a way to scan the system without windows. As I purchased the backup disc but it only included installation files.

You may have to format your machine to get things working again. It's not just related to bitdefender but other popular antivirus/security software, normally due to another program or malware conflicting with the antivirus software or a Windows Update.

I have used and tested them all, Bitdefender is the nicest on system resources and excels at it's antivirus. The Firewall doesn't pass a few test though unfortunately (well only one that passes is Comodo, all others failed test 1,2, and 3. Bitdefender passed 1 and 2 but not 3. of the Comodo Firewall Test)

Comodo Firewall's Defender+ is good but too good for those that don't know what to do to the point to where it can leave your system unusable requiring uninstalling of Comodo/format/system restore, should only be used if everything else fails. Also before you go think of going off and installing Comodo please be warned it is only effective with everything on paranoid, custom firewall policies, Defender+ on max settings, etc. which is a popup nightmare and time consuming to setup. If you click deny for the wrong item you may run into serious problems. Also the Comodo Anti-Virus cannot compete with doing a Bitdefender Deep Scan in any way, shape or form (not much can).

Firewall test attached for you and Bitdefender Staff

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1495" data-fileid="1495" rel="">CPILSuite.zip

• This has happened to me as well and restarting multiple time has not helped. I have used BitDefender for years on XP machines without issue. If this isn't addressed and fixed soon I will have to abandon BitDefender on Vista.

Still can't get the service started. Can't scan, can't do anything. Anyone have an idea???

• Still can't get the service started. Can't scan, can't do anything. Anyone have an idea???

Yeah! Mine just have the same problem, Just anyone can do us the favor and solve the matter? <_<

• pcbugfixer
    pcbugfixer ✭✭✭
    edited February 2008
    Options

G'Day andyxl,

1. Read the post http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=4383 refer to all comments and suggestions to determine if your problem falls into this category, and if it does follow the recommendations.

2. If the above is not your case situation, have you tried simply running a Repair ?

3. Or have you tried uninstalling - then re-boot - then use BD uninstall Utility to clean out the system - the re-boot again - then try a fresh installation from a fresh download of the installation files. ?

4. Tools are difficult to find as they are not listed on the menu structure of the BD web site - but here are the links to the download which obviously you save and then run , http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall and the Kb (Knowledge Base article ) http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB333 Which also has the download for the 32 bit and 64 bit versions - read (look for this section)

Uninstalling BitDefender using the uninstall tool

Alternatively you can use the BitDefender uninstall tool as described below:

1. Download and save the BitDefender Uninstall Tool on your computer into a location of your choice. This tool can be used for 32 bit operating systems (most commonly used operating systems by home users) NOTE: If you are using a 64 bit operating system the Uninstall Tool can be downloaded from here.

Let me know how you go with these.

• I am having a similar problem as other posters in this thread. I have BitDefender AV 2008 installed on my system; I upgraded to this version when I built my new system and changed my OS to Vista Ultimate 64. It has been working fine for over 2 months but today BitDefender downloaded and installed an update. Now the BitDefender services will not start - error message showing is "BitDefender Services are not responding.If the problem persists please contact BitDefender support." Real time protection is disabled and trying to fix the issue by clicking on the "fix" button does nothing. I have checked the support database and find nothing about this problem. I also can not log onto my BitDefender account - when I try to go to https://myaccount.bitdefender.com/site/MyAccount, the server times out. Like others here, I have rebooted my system several times to no avail. :(

This is pretty frustrating as there have been no previous problems with this version of BitDefender AV or with my other versions that I used with Windows XP Pro.

Are you saying that in order to fix the problem we will have to format the hard drive?? :blink: That seems pretty extreme, so I hope I am misinterpreting what you wrote! I would hope that BitDefender support could give us a fix, not make us format and re-install everything. Might as well use Norton AV if we really want to screw up our systems! :rolleyes:

Holly

Hey :D

I have the same Problem except with me it wont even start to scan...

And wen i want to fix stuff it wont work at alll, Even wen i configure stuff a Error message pops up saying BitDefender Antispam module is stopped or disabled.

Please Restart/Enable the service and try again. If the problem persists,

Please Contact BitDefender support (Please refer to the Support link availible in the main product window)

Can someone please tell what i should do?

I am very confused on how it is not working because i just got it today.

Thank you:D

• I've had BitDefender Total Security 2008 installed on my computer for about a week now and all of a sudden it said that Real-time protection is not available anymore. I checked the advanced settings but it wouldn't allow me to enable it again. I still have quite some time before this product expires so I have absolutely no idea what the problem is. I also tried the fix all issues button but it wouldn't work. Please let me know how to fix this as soon as possible because my system isn't secure without it! By the way I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit Operating System.

That can be fixed with rebooting windows repairing or reinstalling bitdefender.

• I have the same problem for the last 2 days using Vista 64 version.

I do not want to uninstall/reinstall BD unless I really have to.

This problem seems to have occurred after an update.

Is there any solution to this other than reinstalling?

• goctnu
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I have the same problem for the last 2 days using Vista 64 version.

I do not want to uninstall/reinstall BD unless I really have to.

This problem seems to have occurred after an update.

Is there any solution to this other than reinstalling?

Refer to http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=42711. Is useless to reinstall everytime and still the problem did not solved. Every BAD!

• I also have the problem that BD no longer does anything much. It can do a manually-invoked scan OK, but firewall, antivirus, etc. are all unavailable and cannot be restarted. Firewall is "disabled", Antivirus realtime protection is "unavailable", and so on. Clicking the "Fix" button does nothing at all. My ThinkPad runs Win2000 SP4. I have used BD for almost three years, and the problem has only just appeared in the last few days. Has anyone managed to get any sense out of BD, or do they not give a stuff?