Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Uninstall Bitdefender 2013

Options
TheWolf
edited January 2013 in Installation

Hi there, I cannot uninstall bitdefender 2013. Well, I used the uninstall tool but it didn't remove it. It just removed the shortcut on my desktop. If I try to go to the Program Files and click on the bitdefender and click delete, it says I need permission to perform this action. I went through the permissions and for some reason I cannot set my permissions to allow me to delete files. I tried doing it in safe mode and I got the same results. It seems to me that there is a virus at hand but thats close to impossible for I just reformatted the computer about 10 days ago. The first program I installed off a disc was BitDefender.

I am a very tech savy person. I run my own computer repair shop but this one thing just has me stumped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

Read below thread and try the same for uninstalling Bitdefender

How To Remove Previous Antivirus Traces And Re-installation Of Bitdefender, Detailed Procedure

• There may be registry files left here. Try one of those top registry cleaners online. Most of them are actually free. Also remove the old folders too. smile2.png

• There may be registry files left here. Try one of those top registry cleaners online. Most of them are actually free. Also remove the old folders too. smile2.png

no matter how hard you try bit defender leaves traces all over the registry.. i have used CC Cleaner and other software and always find something..

same goes for trend micro....

I am in the process of ridding three of my computers of this product. After months and months of install, remove, install.. and trying to fix it the only thing that fixed my computer is when I uninstall it.

so you cannot keep telling me that it is my computer.

and now that the registration is done on my wife's computer (the only computer it worked on... never updated to the newer versions) I will be rid of the whole problem.

In my opinion the newer versions are the problem.

gl to all that install this program.

real

• coolcool1227
    Options

Its true that there remains the remnants of the product even after un-installation, no matter how deeply you removed.

• satirecase3
    edited January 2013
    Options

in run put regedit and in find put in Bitdefender word and press enter there is a file in the registry that is a svc and needs to be deleted,you will know what I mean when you see it,.Do the uninstall in safe mode first then in normal mode I forgot to say, it may take a few tries

• Georgia
    Options

Hey, does the issue persist? If any of you needs further assistance please post back.

Thank you! :)