Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Being A New Bitdefender User I Have An Updates Question

Options

I have been using BD W8 Security for several weeks and except for the conflict wih Malwrebyes Pro. (I guess the two don't like sharing the same playing field as it were. I had a nightly computer freezes using both at the same time even with scanning exclusions. MBAM Pro services would stop and freeze the computer. So I uninstalled MBAM Pro) I am satified with BD W8 Security.

The previous AV program I was using had two update sections; i.e. one for defintions and one for the program. Now I do know that the BD W8 Security install file is very small meaning that it installs the program from the Net and not from the installer file as such.

In BD W8 Security I have only been able to find one update button as it were and have BD W8 Security to auto update which works fine.

Here is my update question. Does BD W8 Security push through program updates in the auto-update? If not how do I know if there are program updates to BD W8 Security?

Thanks

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hi Nesivos :)

Let me help to try to clarify things :)

First, as you found out, Malwarebytes Pro version is not compatible with Bitdefender, due to it's real time scanner. The free version is no problem when used on demand and BD On-Access scanning is disabled during MByts scan. The official Bitdefender response, can be found here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=151353

As far as a separate virus signature, build update option, has been discussed here. Even though it was Escalated, it has not been implemented.

Both virus defs and build updates are sent via our normal update path (Updates/Auto Update) and you can find the fixes etc from here. I included the image below of what build/updates can occur from a normal update. We either find about it as members here post it in a thread, Christian announces it, or by manually looking: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499 Even though the below image shows the 2013 products, the same above information applies to the BD W8 version.

Updatesandbuilds1.jpg

Bonus information we now know about, because of this thread: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=151786

Hope this helped :)

• columbo
    columbo
    edited January 2013
    Options

As for those who may have noticed, the right update image (post# 2) does include BD W8, contrary to my saying it wasn't included...a self correction post ^_^

• columbo
    columbo
    edited January 2013
    Options
    BTW i have purchased a bitdefender product.

Should i be in the group of Members or regular Bitdefender?

Hello :)

I believe that will change after 20 posts, in which you can then change your profile, add an avatar, and a siggy. So it's a post related thing, and not purchase related.

Regards,

Columbo

• Nesivos
    Options

@Columbo

Thanks for the information.

• columbo
    Options

You're welcome, glad to do it :)

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

Columbo,

You are so thorough in your answers. I like reading things that don't leave me constantly wondering.

Nesivos,

I decided to set updates to prompt before downloading so I would know when there is a program update and decide whether or not I want to apply it. Attached is an image. The downside is that approval for virus defs is also required.

post-63102-1358652194_thumb.png

• columbo
    Options
    Columbo,

You are so thorough in your answers. I like reading things that don't leave me constantly wondering.

Thanks friend, sometimes I think I can be a little long winded, but thanks for appreciating it :)

--------------------

Here is my update question. Does BD W8 Security push through program updates in the auto-update? If not how do I know if there are program updates to BD W8 Security?

Thanks

Nesivos,

I decided to set updates to prompt before downloading so I would know when there is a program update and decide whether or not I want to apply it. Attached is an image. The downside is that approval for virus defs is also required.

Nice follow up information yourself :) and "5" image ;)

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks friend, sometimes I think I can be a little long winded, but thanks for appreciating it :)

Nice follow up information yourself :) and "5" image ;)

I read this yesterday and it took me until today to figure out what you meant by 5. I guess I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. :)

• columbo
    Options

Maybe I was a bit to cryptic (our last PM conversation)...but glad you caught it :D

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your great input on this topic, Columbo.

If anyone else has further queries in regards to this matter please don't hesitate to post back.

Thank you and have a great day!