Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd 2013 & Windows Xp Media Edition?

Options

Does anyone know if BD 2013 is now safe to install on a computer (laptop now running BD 2012) running Windows XP Media Edition?

The first time I tried this, about 4-5 months ago, Windows wouldn't start. In fact when trying to restart, all I got was a black screen. After trying several things, I ended up having to restore a backup from an external hard drive.

If you think it will work now, should I uninstall 2012 first or just install 2013 over it? Any other install recommendation?

Thanks

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options
    Does anyone know if BD 2013 is now safe to install on a computer (laptop now running BD 2012) running Windows XP Media Edition?

The first time I tried this, about 4-5 months ago, Windows wouldn't start. In fact when trying to restart, all I got was a black screen. After trying several things, I ended up having to restore a backup from an external hard drive.

If you think it will work now, should I uninstall 2012 first or just install 2013 over it? Any other install recommendation?

Thanks

I also tried BD TS 2012 on Windows XP Media Center Edition SP3, 32bits without any issues. But for upgrading to 2013 version, I would like to suggest you to unuinstall 2012 version and registration data and then perform new installation of 2013 version rather than to upgrade. I would also like to suggest you to follow the procedure from the following post

How To Remove Previous Antivirus Traces And Re-installation Of Bitdefender, Detailed Procedure

• Georgia
    Options

Hi Firecapt, do you need further assistance in regards to this matter?

• Firecapt
    Firecapt ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options

No; after following ONT's suggestions I was able to successfully install BD 2013 on my XP laptop.

Thanks for the followup :)

• Georgia
    Options

You're welcome.

I will close this topic, but if you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to start a new topic or to contact us via

http://www.bitdefender.com/en/Main/contactEmail

Have a lovely day! :)

This discussion has been closed.