Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Fdisk Command

Options
bitdefender666
edited February 2022 in The Archive

hi,

ive downloaded ur rescue cd but it doesnt seem to mount or detect the drives... so i made a search and found this tutorial...

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...ost&p=69617

when i tried the fdisk command it said it is unrecogranized?

Comments

• csalgau
    csalgau ✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

The fdisk binary is available under /sbin/, which is by default only in the shell's path for root.

This amounts to - you're not running the shell as root. The linked tutorial says "Right click on your Desktop and select Terminal(as root)."

That text was written in 2009 and the rescue CD has changed quite a bit since then, but you should be able to use "sodo su" or similar at the command line to obtain root privileges.

Please be aware that fdisk can be destructive. Do not use parameters you have not fully researched in advance.

• bitdefender666
    edited January 2013
    Options

thanks for the reply...

how exactly do i execute this...

Right click on your Desktop and select Terminal(as root)."

..how to select the terminal as root?

wehn i right click in desktop its... Applications > Terminal <--- how do i select it as root?

i aslo tried sodo su and it says command not found same with fdisk -l

:(

i tried booting rescue cd on my other PC and everything worked fine... hard disk mounted normally... it has diff. specs as the other where the disk aint mounting... actually im writing this on rescue cd mode on the very PC that im having problem with...

also tried typing the sodo su command in "run program" but...

The command "sodo su " failed to run:

Failed to execute child process "sodo" (No such file or directory)

sorry, im not very familiar with the commands in linux... is there any other method to run the terminal as root?