Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Impossible To Scroll The List Of Firewall Rules

Hello,

As far as i know, it is actually impossible to scroll up and down the list of firewall rules :

623080parefeu2.jpg

Maybe it's possible with a keyboard but in order to modify a rule, we must have the focus on a selected element, i.e. we have to click on it (not possible by keyboard !!).

The problem is that we can not click on the last element of the list, so we can't have the focus on it, so we can not modifiy it.

I hope i am not wrong.

Can you tell me why we have to use a keyboard to scroll this list ?

NB : Windows 8 and some computers are designed without keyboard (touch screen).

Olivier

(France)

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Bonsoir Olivier, :)

Thank you for reporting this issue.

All the Bitdefender products have a scroll bar implemented for Application rules, which allows you to easily move through the rules.

Check to have the latest build number (the French kit should be 16.26.0.1739): right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number.

Please post back and let me know if the issue persists.

Merci!

• Hello,

As far as i know, it is actually impossible to scroll up and down the list of firewall rules :

623080parefeu2.jpg

Maybe it's possible with a keyboard but in order to modify a rule, we must have the focus on a selected element, i.e. we have to click on it (not possible by keyboard !!).

The problem is that we can not click on the last element of the list, so we can't have the focus on it, so we can not modifiy it.

I hope i am not wrong.

Can you tell me why we have to use a keyboard to scroll this list ?

NB : Windows 8 and some computers are designed without keyboard (touch screen).

Olivier

(France)

• Hi Oliver,

I have the same problem that you have. In my case it was caused by setting the text size in my Win7 desktop to greater than the default size (right click on desktop->Screen resolution->Make text & other items larger or smaller). The problem appears for both Application Rules and Network Activity. It probably happens for the other items in the firewall, but they have too few entries to find out. The scroll bars appear when text size is set to default. Actually it may be possible to increase the text size to about 105% or 110% of default and still see and modify all the information. I'm experimenting now with 105%.

Here's a work-around: I changed the administrator account to the default text size. The text is uncomfortably small for me, but I pinned the magnifier to the to the taskbar and changed the display to maximum contrast. This is fine for the Application Rules, since I would probably do this only as admin anyway. Network Activity is another story since I never go online as admin and need to see that data as a standard user. For that information, I just downloaded free TCPView from Microsoft. It supplies virtually the same information as the firewall's Network Activity display.

I hope this helps,

Want2Know

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Please follow the steps from this topic to upgrade for free to The New Bitdefender:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=366&id=58

From now on, post in this area of the forum in case you encounter further issues after the upgrade:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=360

Thank you.