[help] Can't Connect To Bitdefender's Server

Recently, I have tried to install Bitdefender 2013, but I cannot connect to bitdefender's server (meaning i can't browse bitdefender.com, or download the installer) :wacko: :wacko: . I have checked the internet connection, it's ok. I also tried to turn off my current AV program (Kaspersky), as well as turned off the firewall, but nothing changes. Can someone explain why this is happening to me? And what is the solution for this? I'm very appreciate! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2013

Hi hoxe, and welcome :)

It sounds like the K doesn't want you trying the new product of the year ;)

Since you're able to visit this website, go to the Bitdefender direct downloads (see siggy below) and download the full offline install version. After downloading, be sure to uninstall Kaspersky through the normal means, by first right clicking the system tray icon to Exit, then uninstall from All Programs, Remove Kaspersky. Restart your PC, and run the uninstall tool for the 2012 version if that is what you had (2013 instructions, here). Restart your PC.

Now run CCleaner free version, and only delete any leftover Kaspersky reg. keys. Also run it in cleaner mode. Restart your PC.

Right click the saved Bitdefender file, and run as Admin. When it asks to check for an update, deny it for now, until it is totally installed, then you can run an update.

Hope this will get you up and running a trail version for your test drive :)

Columbo

• Hello,

Feb 6 2013, one of our update servers was undergoing maintenance and some customers were unable to update their Bitdefender products for a few hours.

@ hoxe: is everything back to normal now?

Thank you! :)

• Hi hoxe, and welcome :)

It sounds like the K doesn't want you trying the new product of the year ;)

Since you're able to visit this website, go to the Bitdefender direct downloads (see siggy below) and download the full offline install version. After downloading, be sure to uninstall Kaspersky through the normal means, by first right clicking the system tray icon to Exit, then uninstall from All Programs, Remove Kaspersky. Restart your PC, and run the uninstall tool for the 2012 version if that is what you had (2013 instructions, here). Restart your PC.

Now run CCleaner free version, and only delete any leftover Kaspersky reg. keys. Also run it in cleaner mode. Restart your PC.

Right click the saved Bitdefender file, and run as Admin. When it asks to check for an update, deny it for now, until it is totally installed, then you can run an update.

Hope this will get you up and running a trail version for your test drive :)

Columbo

really ?? my systems infected and i remove existing antivirus , isn't that suicide ?? whilst i remove the existing solution the virus attacks and i cant even install bit-defender or even go back to my old antivirus ...

• really ?? my systems infected and i remove existing antivirus , isn't that suicide ?? whilst i remove the existing solution the virus attacks and i cant even install bit-defender or even go back to my old antivirus ...

If your system is infected you need to clean it properly before doing anything else.

And yes, it is imperative that any existing antivirus program is FULLY uninstalled prior to the installation of Bitdefender , or any other antivirus program.