Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2012 - Windows 8

Options

I am probably s.o.l - but thought i would ask - i purchased the software(mentioned) last year - online, BEFORE i purchased my new laptop(HP Pavilion g7 ) ...i got the new laptop last week, which has windows 8...today i broke the seal on my bitdefender, popped it in the laptop and tried to load it - seeing as how i have been able to load several other softwares with a quick fix from here or there...not so much with this...i have the registration key as well as the disc...are they useless to me now??? should i try to see if i can get my money back thru the company i bought the software from??? or IS there a work around and i could use the registration key with a work around??? plz advise - thx kathryn

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2013
    Options

Hi Kathryn, and welcome :)

Your key is still good, as it was from an unused boxed retail version. Here is a link (my siggy also) of the direct download full versions of Bitdefender 2013, which also includes the BD W8 Security. As long as your purchased version was the Security suite, you will be fine, as BD W8 is the Security Suite in an Windows 8 version. If your boxed version was for the AV+, or Total Security, then you would have to use that version on your Windows 8 PC, i.e. the 2013 version of BD. If you had purchased the Suit version, I would recommend the BD W8 version.

All users are able to upgrade free of charge to the newer versions, like kind, for like kind: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

Download and save the BD file. Then make sure to uninstall any AV that came with your PC from All Programs, or Programs and Features, then after restarting your PC, use the uninstall tool for that software (link is included on the BD download web page), restart your PC

Then run the free version of CCleaner in registry mode, only deleting any of the previous AV trial version reg. keys that may be left. Restart your PC

Right click and run as Admin the BD file, and when it asks to check for an update, deny it for now (can run the update after install is complete), register your copy, enter your key when prompted, and it should be accepted.

Let us know how it goes :)

Columbo

• columbo
    Options

Just a follow up F.Y.I. is that the 2012 versions of Bitdefender, are not compatible with Windows 8, for those who may read this thread.

• Georgia
    Options

Hello Kathryn, did you manage to upgrade for free to Bitdefender 2013?

Please post back if you need further help.

Have a great weekend! :)