Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd2013 Firewall Zone

I read the pinned post by Christian, however, it seems to define how to allow a specific ip address rather than a zone (or range of ip addresses) such as 198.168.1.1 - 198.168.1.255 I would like to know how to define a zone that covers a range of ip addresses that the BD 2013 firewall recognizes as a valid zone.

Comments

• My computer: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, my wife's computer: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I tried to set up a zone as 192.168.100.1-192.168.100.255 and when I tried to enter it I received the error message that it already exists. If that is true then I don't know why I had to enter specific ip addresses. It does show a LAN zone as being set up which I assume is what it is saying is already setup. But then it is blocking when I am trying to set up things like my network ethernet printer which has an ip address within that zone. What is really strange is I did not have to enter the specific printer ip address to allow access to the printer by my computer, but I had to enter the specific printer ip address to allow my wife's computer to access it.

I had a similar problem when I tried to access certain folders on my wife's computer and vice-versa. I had to turn off the BD firewall on both computers to set up the access. Then I turned the firewall back on on both computers and I was able to continue to access each one from the other without making any other entries in the firewalls to provide for the access. All ip addresses are within that zone and the zone is shown as allowed.

• I think I found the problem. I thought all settings for the firewalls were the same on both computers, but I found that my wife's computer had the Network Type set as Public. I have now changed that to Trusted.

• Share us the Firewall settings of both systems.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi harvclay,

I kindly recommend you to set the network type to 'Home/Office', as explained in this pinned topic:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35496

Having that option set to 'Trusted' equals to disabling the firewall protection.

Please post back if you need further assistance. :)